PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Rinka? (Japhoo stuff)

TADO
06-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Just in the process of enrolling for Rinkya, and wondered if anyone had ever used it before? it might work out quite a bit cheaper for Japhoo stuff than Juno etc which as some of us know can get pricey!
it actually allows you to bid on the item yourself and you can store parts together at their warehouse for multi-shipping... we're hoping to give it a try soon and see how it works out.
http://www.rinkya.com/

Mylee
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Sounds interesting Tado, let us know how you get on. I'd be very interested, as like you said Juno can be expensive.
I really fancy some coilovers if you see anything Mike?

Wh1teLeopard
06-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Bad Tado, Bad Mike, finding even easier ways for me to spend my money *cries*

Looks interesting, definitely interested in it, but I don't understand the commission thing, and the translate thing doesn't work for me.

I get a HUWGE big advert at the top, then a tiny bit of the page it's translated which I have to scroll to see, and even then it's not translated. :confused:

TADO
06-06-2008, 09:23 PM
ullo!
sorry for bringing it up! :P it does look like it might work out cheaper than juno tho... think we'll try and pick up something small first and see how it works out. theres a section on the site about car parts and big stuff - they can ship by sea by the looks of it, wheels n stuff seem to be fine too which opens up some nice possibilities...
it seems to work fine on our macs - the big banner at the top is still there but it seems to translate everything very well?

Mylee
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Site works fine for me to, although I have registered but haven't had any sort of confirmation email, like they said I would?
Also I don't have the Japanse text on my computer at home, everything on Yahoo just appears as small boxes :confused:
Have you had any more luck with this Mike?

TADO
11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
hey fella
yeah, we're all signed up now - check your junk mail folder maybe as our confirmation email went into there - it was from 'elaine'...
they send you out a credit card verification form as well, once thats done you're all sorted.
we've not bid on anything yet so cant confirm the pricing yet.
here's how it appears on both our screens, the first is the original page which you bid on, the second the translated one. the translator seems to work very well and does the whole page nicely.
this is the thread i found about rinkya on JNC - http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1786 it has some info about japanese characters on PCs. im not sure how it works as we're on macs here tho...

Mylee
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll have a good look through this when I get home from work today.
I might have to contact them again, as my junk/spam folder cleans on shut down and the message will be long gone by now.

Mylee
11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks Mike, that link worked a treat.

Mylee
12-06-2008, 10:43 PM
All registered now, they resent the link no problem. This is so much easier to use than Juno as well, instant bidding! now where's the wife's visa............