PDA

View Full Version : Seeking driver's side rear quarter panel - Help!

KarlInAus
16-05-2008, 06:16 AM
G'day there. Someone ran into my poor little Beat on the way home from work & it's now at the crash repairer. Honda Australia can supply all the parts except the driver's side rear quarter panel, which they say is unavailable. Given the extent of damage to the existing panel, the crash repairers are telling me that it will probably be a total loss, due to the amout of labour required to reshape the existing panel. I can't let this happen to my poor Beat for the want of a single panel. If anyone knows (firstly) whether this panel is still available new somewhere in the world, or where I might source a used one, I'd be eternally grateful, as would my Beat.

Thanks,

Karl.

beardo
16-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Ouch. Sorry to see this Karl. I had no trouble getting rear quarters for my restoration through a UK dealer. The guys I use are very helpful, give them a ring on +44 1266704944.

ozsamurai
16-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I once started a search for part in Oz, the closest I got was a site autoparts.com.au, you can access over 500 wreckers, they will contact you if they have any parts, there were a few responses, you never know your luck!!

Cheers

Oz

Steve_M
16-05-2008, 07:15 PM
The part number for that rear quarter panel is 04636-SS1-300ZZ.

Its a weld on panel so it would be pretty difficult to use a used part, would take a lot of work getting the old one off in a useable state.

KarlInAus
17-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks everyone, you've given me some good pointers to get started on my search. Beardo, do you have the name of the dealership you worked with? I thought I might try emailing them first, & save myself an international phone call.

marcair
17-05-2008, 01:14 AM
interesting

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w24442878

beardo
17-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks everyone, you've given me some good pointers to get started on my search. Beardo, do you have the name of the dealership you worked with? I thought I might try emailing them first, & save myself an international phone call.

The dealer is called Barnsley Honda. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.barnsleyhonda.co.uk/showroom/

Adam
18-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your car.

I have a quater panel but there are 2 problems, its still on the car and the other is that I'm in Ireland.

But at worse case I can take it off the car and your welcome to it.

Not sure what the shipping will be, or how I'll ship it but its yours free of charge

Midship
23-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Not breaking yours are you now Adam?! Hows it running?

I havent rev`ed the cob webs off mine in about two years ! what a waste :awwww: