PDA

View Full Version : Soft top roof seals.

LEE.W.
22-03-2008, 09:51 PM
:) Hello Beat fans, i am in the middle of refurbing my silver Beat i have just purchased (the Beat bug has definitely bitten as i have a red one as well) and the silver one is really leaky thru the roof. Iam gonna fit new roofs to both of them but the silver one will need those rubbers which are two seperate pieces about a foot long and seal the top edge of the window and are attached to the roof via metal plates.So four pieces in total,two pieces of rubber each side.
As Honda want £210.00 for those four pieces new i wonder if any one out there knows if these seals are the same on any other car or are available as a pattern part for less money.
Or... even better, any ardtops out there for sale?

Any help much appreciated, Lee.

Wh1teLeopard
25-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I found that just sealing them with black silicone sealant fixed it.

Where the rubber splits at the top, where you can pull the rubber away from the roof seal it up good and proper there and it should get rid of your leak. Certainly did for me, and worth a try for £5 before looking for new seals.

LEE.W.
25-03-2008, 09:47 PM
:D Good ole silicon sealer.For a few quid a tube it certainly is worth a go.
I'll give it a whirl after fitting the new hood.Thanks.

Mylee
28-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Is this what you're looking for Lee?

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n58450917

LEE.W.
28-03-2008, 03:56 PM
:) Yes they are exactly what im looking for.I translated the page as my Japanese is a bit rusty and unfortunatley the seller is not shipping these goods internationally.

I have no personal connections in Japan either to do the bidding for me which is a shame as the chances of finding a set like this in the UK are well.....slim.

Mylee
28-03-2008, 10:37 PM
:) Yes they are exactly what im looking for.I translated the page as my Japanese is a bit rusty and unfortunatley the seller is not shipping these goods internationally.

I have no personal connections in Japan either to do the bidding for me which is a shame as the chances of finding a set like this in the UK are well.....slim.

Lee, I have a big box leaving Japan in the next week. Would you like me to bid for you? It's through an agent so you'll have to pay his fee's. PM me your max price matey and I'll see what we can do ;)

LEE.W.
31-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Mylee,pm has been sent.

Steve_M
01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
With the rubbers removed you will find a hole at each end at the rear, all i did was cut strips of foam (Pipe insulation type) and pushed it in the hole to fill the void inside the rubber just enough to plump up the seal and make it fit the opening better.

HTH

Steve M

steveinjapan
11-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Drove in heavy rain for the first time today and have a drip right over my left knee that is coming at the fore end of the top seal, where it joins the fixed vertical window rubber. The top is new and the seals are nice and soft but possibly a little bit deformed at the point of the leak. Is there any way to stretch, bend, or squeeze the seals to stop the leak?

Later: I tried SteveM's idea of stuffing with foam but it wouldn't push out the little dip that seems to be where the water comes in. Then I tried filling the gap by smearing sealant over it and using the door window as a form. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds. We shall see soon enough if this worked - more rain forecast this week.

beecee
16-06-2012, 11:02 PM
:) Iam gonna fit new roofs to both of them but the silver one will need those rubbers which are two seperate pieces about a foot long and seal the top edge of the window and are attached to the roof via metal plates.So four pieces in total,two pieces of rubber each side.
As Honda want £210.00 for those four pieces new i wonder if any one out there knows if these seals are the same on any other car or are available as a pattern part for less money..

Does anyone know the part numbers for these seals please ?

bigB
17-06-2012, 12:45 AM
This may help

Steve_M
17-06-2012, 08:57 AM
As BigB post shows there are 6 rubber seals, 3 each side.

72381-SS1-003, 72382-SS1-003 & 72383-SS1-013 R/H side.

72391-SS1-003, 72392-SS1-003 & 72393-SS1-013 L/H side.

beecee
17-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Thank you .