PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Roof Questions??

HBEAT
14-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Ok im a bit lost as to why there are 2 types of securing methods at the flappy end of the roof.

Did Honda give a choice of the button type screw to secure the corner flaps down or the pull type screw with the nipple at the end????

I am looking in the parts manual and it looks like they are giving you an option. What i dont understand is the roof has the button type screw and the tonneau cover has the pull type. WHAT THE!!!

Is someone able to take some photos for me of most or all of the screws that hold down the soft top around the back??? (some shots from inside the cabin showing the mounting brackets would help lots as well)

That would be much appreciated

Thank-You

HBEAT
17-07-2007, 08:37 AM
If no one can send photos, can someone help me out with a bit of info at least??

Wh1teLeopard
17-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm not really sure of the question or the answer, but I think what you want to know, my answer would be that the fitment on the roof that holds the flaps on the corners down:

On the attatched picture on this thread:
http://u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=2121

The 4 parts that make the top LEFT of the picture are the components that hold the flaps down. The 2 bottom LEFT should be in the body of the car.

The button type screws that make the right side of the picture go around the rest of the roof allow you to pop on the cover when the roof is down.

Does that answer the question? :confused:

LEE.W.
17-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Maybe this might help, as far as i'm aware fixings for the hood corners (flappy
bits) never had button type fixings as standard.They would all have been pull type on hood with the nipple type attached to bodywork as standard.

I reckon your tonneau cover pull type, are as is should be, and your button type flappy bits (on your hood) along with whats attached to your body work has been put on at a later date.

Then, you have 9 male poppers attached to the body work around the outside
edge (3 on each side + 3 on the back) onto which your tonneau cover attaches to as standard.

Sorry no photos of all this at present, but you could refer to a complete
hood fastener kit i do sell within this forum as a kit or as individual items
in which would solve your mismatch probelems.

Cheers Lee.:)

HBEAT
17-07-2007, 01:23 PM
thanks for that Lee W. your reply did help me a little. are u able to tell me if those 9 screws are all the same lengths or do they vary in lengths?????

If so were are the small and larger ones located around the soft top??

thanks

TADO
17-07-2007, 01:47 PM
hi h-beat
if you are talking about the popper screws that hold the edge of the softop to the body and then the 4 popper screws that go on the trim behind the seats, im pretty sure the 4 behind the seats are shorter. i cant tell you exact measurements at the mo tho as my car is in the garage
hth!
mike

TADO
17-07-2007, 01:57 PM
ps - forgot to say - the 4 ones behind the seats are all the same length, the hood / bodywork ones are also the same if i remember rightly. so 2 sizes - one for the 4 inside, one for the outside ones. sorry - so simple but so confusing to explain! :p

LEE.W.
17-07-2007, 08:21 PM
:) I will just add to what Tado has said about the differences in length in all of the screw in male poppers.9 on the outside and 4 on the inside.
It would seem the standard original poppers length for 4 on the inside are
16mm, while the 9 on the outside were 20mm.

The kit i supply fits ALL fixing holes on the inside and out and are all the same length and fit perfectly so you dont have to worry about any length variations.:cool:

HBEAT
18-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Thanks guys,

I know what your talking about when u say the 9 on the outside, but which 4 are you talking about on the inside???

(haha your right, its very hard to explain, but so simple)

cheers

Steve_M
18-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe this might help, as far as i'm aware fixings for the hood corners (flappy
bits) never had button type fixings as standard.They would all have been pull type on hood with the nipple type attached to bodywork as standard.

Not correct, later chassis numbers had popper type front fixing as standard, I havn't got the relevant chassis number that change occurred to hand.

This picture may help, but its quite confusing to try ansd see whats what.

Steve_M
18-07-2007, 08:42 AM
this shows the inside 4

TADO
18-07-2007, 08:43 AM
hi h-beat!
we'll get there in the end im sure! :D
theres 4 press stud headed bolts (16mm as lee said) that screw into the trim behind the top of the seats (theyre the ones that usually make holes in the back of your seat!). its where the front of the tonoue(?!) cover attaches. - theyre nothing to do with the actual hood itself, just for attaching the tonuoeueoeoe thing to.
think we might be confusing ourselves now! :P

HBEAT
18-07-2007, 02:36 PM
AAAAA, yes i have got those on the beat. Now just gotta work out the outer ones which i think i have under control.

And if u are correct about the later model beats coming out with the popper button type clip at the wing end instead of the pull type with the nipple, then would i be correct in saying that the diagram u sent gives u an option of either A or B (A=button clip and B=pull type with nipple)??????????

Thanks again guys

very helpful information