PDA

View Full Version : Hello

beardo
22-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Just thought I'd say hello as I am new on here. We have recently bought a yellow Beat for my wife. She saw one a few years ago and said then that she liked it and wanted one. We finally now have one but it isn't the nicest example. It needs a fair bit of work to the body but thankfully mechanically it seems to be spot on.

TADO
22-06-2007, 12:37 PM
hi beardo
welcome to the forum!
its a friendly place with crazy amounts of information - anything you need just ask and im sure people will be more than happy to help!
mike

imi
22-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi beardo welcome to the Forum.

HBEAT
23-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Hello beardo, enjoy the site. There is alot of things to look at!!

Wh1teLeopard
23-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Hello and welcome :)

Paul w
24-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi Beardo,

You didnt used to own a mini with a chequered roof did you?

(welcome!)

PW

beardo
24-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure I will be on here with many questions in the future as I restore the old girl. For the minute though, weather permitting, she is getting used by the wife and she always gets out of it with a smile on her face.

Nope, I have never owned a Mini.

Scott
02-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Dont worry about the bodywork condition, that can all be fixed relativley easily, as long as its mechanically sound your flying!

What exactly is wrong with it? just needs tidying?

beardo
03-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Dont worry about the bodywork condition, that can all be fixed relativley easily, as long as its mechanically sound your flying!

What exactly is wrong with it? just needs tidying?

The bonnet, n/s/f wing and possibly the n/s/r wing need replacing as they have a serious amount of rust. There is rust in other areas, but they are repairable. Then a full respray will be required as someone has been tarting it up with aerosols.