PDA

View Full Version : URGENTLY need help, Code 31 and throttle problems

Wh1teLeopard
05-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Finally got the beat running again after 7 months!

It's like a new engine on the inside hee hee

However it runs lovely but the engine light is on and connecting the yellow plug it flashes the following code

long flash (start of code?) then 3 long, 1 short.

Which we think means Code 31.

This indicates a loose or faulty plug/sensor on the transmission.

Any ideas where this might be?

Also I'm having trouble with the throttle, I'm thinking it's something to do with the MTREC, or rather something not telling the MTREC the right information. So more than likely linked to the Code 31 problem.

However, when I come to stop say at traffic lights when I go to pull off again, I can put my foot to the floor and there is no response at all. No revs nothing. If I put the clutch in and pump the throttle it eventually picks up.

It doesn't always do it though, but it does do it a lot.

I could do with the help ASAP as I'm meant to be taking it to London on saturday.

Steve_M
05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
The fact that you have a code stored will cause unusal running as it will go into limp mode to protect it self.

With out a manual with me, I cant look up code 31, but if its speed sensor on gearbox then engine will not know road speed so cant correct IACV and throttle properly.

I would have a look at the connection/sensor and check for damage/poor connnections etc. and see if you cna clear that code.

HTH

Wh1teLeopard
06-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Didn't know about 'limp mode'

Oli did some research for me and I had a good feel of the wires that we worked out to be the speed sensor. They got crushed between the engine mount, and I think they've been crushed under the gearbox during the engine work.

So I'm going to see if we can replace the sensor and wires, if not I'll just replace the wires. Wish it wasn't in such a hard place to get to :rolleyes:

Thanks Steve :)