PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Beat

Yojimbo!
19-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

Would buying a Beat direct from Japan via an importer be a good idea?

Pros/cons, less rust I'd imagine on a 'new' import?

Andy

Mylee
19-04-2007, 06:18 PM
There are a number of extra costs you have to take into account when importing. You will not require an ESVA/SVA test as the car will be more than ten years old, but it will have to be MOT'd and obviously registered.

I bought from a Japanese auction in early March and I've just been given notice of arrival, although this is still 4 weeks away.
I have paid more than the cost of a UK car, but have a late, very low mileage (36K km :eek: ) grade 4 example.

If you want to PM me I can give you a user name and password so you can access the on line stock at the Japanese auction houses. I can also recommend the importers to you.

adrianp
19-04-2007, 06:37 PM
If you want to PM me I can give you a user name and password so you can access the on line stock at the Japanese auction houses. I can also recommend the importers to you.

Ooh, Can I be cheeky and have it too please...

Might find something over there to tempt me again...lol

Ady.

Mylee
19-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Ooh, Can I be cheeky and have it too please...

Might find something over there to tempt me again...lol

Ady.

PM sent :)

Yojimbo!
19-04-2007, 08:24 PM
PM sent!

That was my interest too, a low milage model that hasn't been to exposed to our salty roads.

Those Model Z's look tasty but not available in yellow…:(

Yojimbo!
20-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Question… is it worth going for a Z? What are the differences, all I can find is a reference to 'rejigged and an LSD'… or are the improvements maginal?

Andy

HBEAT
20-04-2007, 09:57 AM
someone correct me if im wrong, but i thort the only differences were the colours they came in, the black speedo dials, alloys, and lsd???