PDA

View Full Version : Beat Dilemma potential sale as parts or project

feral
29-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Heres the quick story. Many years ago my old man bought my little sis a Beat. She eventually left home, and the car, dad remarried, its been a run around. I now live in aussie, and it was the "hire car" when I visited home (NZ). Great fun, great memories, insane cornering, sad ending.

It is a 1991 Red model and is currently located in NZ. Its been sitting for about 2 years.

Unfortunately it has be left to ruin, used as a storage container for junk.. Believe me I was infuriated and feel it a totally undignified end. I should have photos in a week or two, of a cleaned up car..

The dizzy has been removed, for reasons I found here ;) NZ mechs were unable to locate parts, although thanks to this site I spotted one on yahoo JP. I believe the lack of working dizzy to be the reason for its abandonment.

Dad said its all mine, although the cost to ship to aus (1st quote) is about 3k :( Cant quite justify it with the new home loan and true lack of space.

Anyway, dad/I would like to get something for it, or hes happy for me to take it and ship to aussie. I've hesitated from chucking this into for sale/wanted b'cause it isnt just yet, but if anyones interested, Id be happy to arrange something.

So, any expressions of interest from AU / NZ ppl ?
Partswise, any people keen to hazard an estimate as to what bits might be worth?

Dad is, whats the word, content with his current transport modes, lol. and it sits garaged. But he is a bit irrational with potential valuable assets..

As for the condition, soft top is a bit rooted, (got broken into, slits.. no obvious water damage though) panels / bumpers all straight, but most have small scratches, less than 40,000 k on the clock, Left mirror missing (wasnt me) and it has the personalised kiwi numberplate "BEAT 1" (which I always thought was way cool) lol

I am so tempted to shell out and get it over here as a project car, as I'm sure with a little TLC, as the mileage is so low it has a few more years yet.

Aside, Great to find this forum, its been an interesting day or two reading. And I totally wish there wasnt this 3K gap between the car and me.

Paul w
29-03-2007, 01:04 PM
It can be done,

I took a very tatty beat that had sat under a tree for 2 years and the hood had almost rotted away!

With a bit of love and a few quid i got it back up and running, new hood and a good clean saw it back in circulation.

Dont let it die.....

PW

Kiwi Beat
26-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Where is the beat now? North or south ? reg on hold?