PDA

View Full Version : Beat age.

yorkshireman
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the Beat scene although the car has been sitting in my garage for about 3 years. I bought it when it was left in the UK on temporary registration by a visitor. I have sorted out the import duty etc. but due to my lack of education(I can't read Japanese) I don't know the age of the car,except 1991, and I would like to put my wifes private plate on it. This is a J plate so the car needs to be after August 1st. Cananyone tell me the age from the chassis no. which is- PP1-1005324?
I see from reading the posts that is a lot of knowlege out there!
Thanks,
Tony,(Yorkshireman).

yorkshireman
08-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the Beat scene although the car has been sitting in my garage for about 3 years. I bought it when it was left in the UK on temporary registration by a visitor. I have sorted out the import duty etc. but due to my lack of education(I can't read Japanese) I don't know the age of the car,except 1991, and I would like to put my wifes private plate on it. This is a J plate so the car needs to be after August 1st. Cananyone tell me the age from the chassis no. which is- PP1-1005324?
I see from reading the posts that is a lot of knowlege out there!
Thanks,
Tony,(Yorkshireman).

I think I should have read through that before I sent it! Maybe I would have put spaces where they should be and not missed words out!

Wh1teLeopard
08-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Hello and welcome :)

From what I have read here, you can find out the month of production by looking at the tag on the seatbelts.

Hope that helps, never looked myself mind :rolleyes:

yorkshireman
09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Hello and welcome :)

From what I have read here, you can find out the month of production by looking at the tag on the seatbelts.

Hope that helps, never looked myself mind :rolleyes:

Hello and thanks,
I have just looked at the tags and they read:

Model No. TK -A73 -J648
MFD.Date. 1991
Lot No. 0528
Mfd. by TAKATA CORPORATION.
Is the information in the Lot No. perhaps?
Tony.

Wh1teLeopard
09-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry, I really don't know.

Hopefully someone else can reply with an answer

LawrenceHarding
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
I can't find it now but a few years ago there was a site listing month by month sales. From memory sales started in May 91 and totalled around 22000 by the end of the year. Does anyone have any further info???