PDA

View Full Version : Hello from across the pond

DaX
06-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Hello fellow Beat owners. I am excited to say that one week from today I will be taking ownership of a car I've been lusting over for years - a red 1991 Honda Beat!

I live in Georgia, USA, and as you know, we were not fortunate enough to get these cars over here. I was under the impression that I would not be able to import one until 2016 - after the car turns 25 years old. But, through the help of a fellow board member here, I am able to own what I think is one of Honda's crowning achievements.

I have been a Honda-head for years now - this will be my 9th car and my 8th Honda! I have had daily drivers all the way up to a 240 whp / 236 wtq turbocharged Civic. I currently also own two 1971 Honda N600's that are undergoing a restoration. First thing I'm doing is putting a new set of Bridgestone Potenza RE92's on the car. I couldn't find the exact tire size that was OEM, so I went with 165-65-R13 in the front and 165-65-R14 in the rear. I hope that's close enough.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning more about the Beat and chatting with yall about the cars you have. I may eventually be leaning on you for help acquiring parts. I am familiar with the Japhoo auctions, trying to find parts for the N's. Here's a link to the eBay auction where I won the Beat - there's lots of pictures!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270084107221&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

ESSON
06-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi Dax

Hope you make the long drive home,It only takes a few$$ to fill here up.:)
Iam on my 2nd Beat and they both have put a big smile on my face driving them:) .If you have any problems this is a good site to search .Some one will always help.

All the best

Wh1teLeopard
06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Glad to see you finally managed to get posting ;)

Like I said before good luck with the long drive, and take some cassette tapes you like hee hee :)

Congratulations on getting yourself you're very own ickle red beat

marcair
07-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Congrats, you're #7 stateside. Did you buy the red one? I just installed 165/60/14 with ebay rims and 0.25 spacers from PepBoys. Adequate room.

Recommend you call me at (in NY this week) prior to calling about insurance. I allmost screwed the pooch.

You want my steel wheels?

ozsamurai
07-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi Dax

Welcome to the best ride of your life!! Best post the translation request on the board to see if anyone has it, mist just use the Japanese Manual and go by the pics I think though. Its good to have you on board and good to see more Beats in the US, its up to about 10 now. Lets know if you need anything, everyone here is extremely friendly I have found

Cheers

Oz

DaX
07-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Thanks for the tips over the phone, marcair! I did buy the red one. Let me see the condition of the wheels I get...I may take your steelies.

I'll post an ad in the wanted section looking for a manual.

DaX
16-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Well after a treacherous journey, I'm home with my new Beat! I absolutely love it - it's a blast to drive. We ended up getting snowed in in Cleveland, OH for 36 hours - I finally decided to retire to a hotel after slipping and sliding all over the interstate - I didn't want to wreck my brand new car! 14 more hours of driving yesterday and she's safe and sound in my garage.

Wh1teLeopard
16-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Excellent news glad to hear you and your beat got back safely :)

TADO
16-02-2007, 06:34 PM
wow - congrats dax - thats an amazing journey! good to hear you got home safely