PDA

View Full Version : 1st Beat Owner in San Diego

marcair
23-01-2007, 10:33 PM
The yellow toy arrived last week and awaiting papers. Have been perusing this forum since and have been collecting maintenance data as available. Does anyone care to post routine maintenance replacement part numbers or path to obtain same (plug, filters, etc). Greatly appreciate.

1st on the list is to locate a set of 14" x 4 alloy rims. Can 185/60/14 be installed with adequate clearance?

Thanks in advance for any technical data offered on the Beat.

The pic - I always thought the Allante was small - til now.

Wh1teLeopard
23-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Hello and welcome :)

I thought Beats weren't allowed in the USA because they wouldn't stand up to a smash with a HUWGE big car?!?!?! :confused:

Looks very much at home there though :)

marcair
24-01-2007, 01:17 AM
It would not be wise for me to speak of such things I do not have direct knowledge of. All I know is that is here and plates are expected shortly. I have been told I am the 3rd Beat owner stateside. In the meantime, I am focusing on accomplishing typical awareness of the various systems and attempting to locate tune-up parts. I do not know of the history of this car, so I plan to purge all fluids, perform tuneup, thoroughly inspect all so I can zero-time the maintenance cycle - so to speak. I recieved plugs today. Need a source for add'l tuneup parts.

Your site was likely the 1st Beat site that I saw. Thanks.

TADO
24-01-2007, 08:34 AM
hi marcair
welcome to the forum - thats a really cool pic of your beat!
mike

Wh1teLeopard
24-01-2007, 10:28 AM
It would not be wise for me to speak of such things I do not have direct knowledge of. All I know is that is here and plates are expected shortly. I have been told I am the 3rd Beat owner stateside. In the meantime, I am focusing on accomplishing typical awareness of the various systems and attempting to locate tune-up parts. I do not know of the history of this car, so I plan to purge all fluids, perform tuneup, thoroughly inspect all so I can zero-time the maintenance cycle - so to speak. I recieved plugs today. Need a source for add'l tuneup parts.

Your site was likely the 1st Beat site that I saw. Thanks.

Most tune up parts tend to originate in Japan. The Japhoo pages are a good start if you can wade through the japanese.

What sort of parts were you after? Apparently there isn't much point to upgrading the air intake as it's pretty perfect as it is standard. After that I guess you could try something with the ECU?

Let us know which parts in particular you were interested in and we'll try point you in the right direction :)

Wh1teLeopard
24-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Send an e-mail to this chap:

sales@dragon2modz.com

He's very nice, he helped me source a few bits and bobs from Japan. Just tell him what you're after and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to offer advice :)

I also checked, and he says he's fine to post to America

marcair
24-01-2007, 08:13 PM
What parts/info am I looking for? Typical.

Air & oil filters, belts (just in case), what type of gear oil in the trany, fuses. Hopefully, I can obtain this stuff locally. But now I am ignorant as to the part #s. While I wait for the plates, I would like to perform maintenance.

I bought this Beat from Canada for the sole purpose of a beach runner. The neighborhood is so over populated that cars are useless. So I looked for an eye appealing tiny machine to ease the parking when running a simple errand. I looked at the Lotus Elise, but the Beat, to me, is a better platform for mods later. It sure looks funny in the garage next to the Allante.

Wh1teLeopard
24-01-2007, 09:58 PM
What parts/info am I looking for? Typical.

Air & oil filters, belts (just in case), what type of gear oil in the trany, fuses. Hopefully, I can obtain this stuff locally. But now I am ignorant as to the part #s. While I wait for the plates, I would like to perform maintenance.

I bought this Beat from Canada for the sole purpose of a beach runner. The neighborhood is so over populated that cars are useless. So I looked for an eye appealing tiny machine to ease the parking when running a simple errand. I looked at the Lotus Elise, but the Beat, to me, is a better platform for mods later. It sure looks funny in the garage next to the Allante.

Fuses are just your average automotive fuses, examples:
http://store.nutsandbolts.com/atoatcaufu.html

I always carry at least one of each voltage. The most unsual ones are the 7.5 ones which are in the black box under the boot/trunk lid.

As for air and oli filters, I think your best bet would be somewhere like here:
http://catalog.honda-parts-online.com/

Oktan
29-01-2007, 08:53 PM
great pic of the beat. don't let all those pesky rodents you have down by the seaside chew on your little beat.

here are a few spare part numbers...

Headlamp bulbs: 33115-SH3-003 (these are special so stock up)

Air filter: 17220-P36-010

Oil filter: 15400-PFB-004

Oil pan crush washer: 94109-14000

Spark plugs: NGK BKR6E-11

marcair
30-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the data. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I will populate a spares part list with Name, Part # and likely Source. Unless somebody allready has done so. Yes?

Suggestion: a thread where members can offer part # + source info. 1 stop shopping?

DaX
06-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm soon to be another USA Beat owner! I'm going to make a separate thread here in a second.

ozsamurai
07-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Welcome...

If you need any genuine parts sourced from Japan then I can get them sent through directly from Japan. Its good to have a new country to play with, I believe I know you're Beat indirectly through some mutual Hondsa contacts. Anyway this is the place to get all the advise you ned for sure.

Cheers

Oz