PDA

View Full Version : engine light

nobby
15-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi guys

After a few pints in the local and then agreeing to help a friend to get his beat back on the road after the engine was stipped by a garage up hear in Norfolk a year ago,then the garage saying the could'nt get a engine or remember how to put it back together(nice people!!!!)
The engine suffered a cambelt breaking.
After many choice words and also the question of why did i say yes springing up its now back together and in the car.
It runs but i left the cam wheel sensor out then after starting i realised were it went and me thinking bugger!!!
Its now fitted but the engine lights on,my question is does anyone know if the light needed to be reset after the engine being run with the sensor off or does it sound as if i have now got another fault?

Please help as i'm starting to loose sleep

Andy

Siu
15-01-2007, 01:04 PM
hi, i'm siu from Malaysia. Here some step may be can help u :
1. Try to turn on your key but not start, the check light will on and gone after several second. If your engine check light doesn't gone, the ecu normally is out.

2. If the engine check light gone, start your engine and see what going on. Connect the dianosis and calculate the signal by the blinking of engine check light. Then try to find out the problem.

Last time my beat also spend a lot of time to repair. Finally replace a new ecu with part no. 37820-P36-003, distributor, EACV valve and esxaust sencor. Hope this can help u.

Any question please feel free to email me at dickhooi@yahoo.com.

Bye..

nobby
15-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi ya

Thanks Sui for your reply,and just a little more for everyone else the light does go out but after the engine is started it comes back on then stays on

nobby
15-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi ya

Thanks for the reply Siu,yes the light does come on then go out when switching the ignition on but comes back on 10 seconds after the engine is started and then stays on.
The engine light was'nt on though before the cambelt broke.

Wh1teLeopard
15-01-2007, 05:33 PM
If you want to try resetting it, try disconnecting the battery for 20mins then reconnecting it. That should reset the ECU I believe.

Steve_M
16-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Carry out diagnostic check to see what trouble code you have (see how too section), I expect your timing is out so recheck cambelt and static timing again.

HTH

nobby
16-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi guys

Thanks for the replies, i was looking at it last night and found the distributor cap has a hair line crack in it!! i have ordered one today so hopefully that will fix it

Thanks Andy:)

Steve_M
16-01-2007, 12:33 PM
a crack in the distributor cap wont cause the engine light to come on, not unless the engine is missing firing badly and the oxygen sensor pics it up.

nobby
16-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi ya

I guess its gonna be the case of recheck basictiming and all the connections to the various sensors hopefully somewhere along the line i find something:awwww:

Steve_M
16-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Carry out the diagnostic check and see what trouble code it has.

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=1448

You will then be looking in the right place.

HTH

nobby
17-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi Guys

Panic over i fitted the new distributor cap last night then ran the engine till it was at normal operating temp switched it off for 5 minutes and then the light went off:) yippee

Wh1teLeopard
17-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Congratulations :)