PDA

View Full Version : Speedo dial

Alimla
02-01-2007, 01:55 PM
My Yellow Beat has failed MOT because the speedo dial is in KM/h and not MP/h. Any suggestions as to how I can get this sorted in N. Ireland would be very much appreciated?

ESSON
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi
Mines in Kph and mine passed
Iam in uk VOSA should have the same rules in N Ireland?
Is it a local Garage? if so take to a large garage Eg Kwick fit or some thing like that mate.

Ive never heard of it being a test problem ever.
Ive had sevral jap cars all in kph and ive blobed with white paint little dots were 30 40 50 60 70 are.

Cheer

Alimla
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately they are getting very strict in our part of the world and are basically insisting on a new speedo dial in MP/h, they wont release my MOT cert until I have this sorted so I am really stuck!! Need a quick fix as my tax is up at the end of the month! urgently need help:suicide:

Wh1teLeopard
02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Maybe you could look for a place that does those stick on dial faces and have one made in mph for your car?

adrianp
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Shouldn't be to difficult,

A speedo converter should change the output of the dial to MPH and a small sticker over the KPH to change it to MPH should have you sorted fairly quickly.

Problem is finding the converter, The speedo is electric not cable and hopefully a Honda converter from an import place should have everything running in MPH for you.

Infact, here you go...

Visit here http://www.japaneseautospares.co.uk/index.htm select speedo converters, select Honda and the Beat is listed (£35).

Should be sorted easily then.

Hope this helps

Ady.

michael
02-01-2007, 09:06 PM
We can change our dials. In my Beat is a mph dial and I need it in kmh.

Michael

Alimla
03-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Michael, sounds like we could both benefit from swapping dials if you are agreeable. Am not too clear on which bits need exchanged - the whole speedo unit or just the dials, I would need to take the beat to a garage to get it dismantled?

michael
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I´ll try to do a careful disassembly and will tell you the right steps that you can do the same. But I am only the day after tomorrow in the garage - hope it´s quick enough.
Michael

Alimla
04-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Michael,I have managed to source a new dial locally, however, if you can give me some postal details I will send you my old dial when I have managed to find someone to fit the replacement for me! Cheers Ali

michael
04-01-2007, 07:33 PM
sent you a pm

thank you

(If anyone need a mph dial please let me know)