PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light

PHIL G-45
04-12-2006, 08:46 PM
:help:Anybody'
Am having problems with my Beat.Engine light stays on all the time,car won't rev; properly or run smoothly. I have downloaded troubleshooting self diognostics. I have tried reset procedure,have located check con;as described and linked out also connected pos; neg; to this connector is this right!
The engine light remains on,does not blink at anytime.Could this mean that the E.C.U,has had it? if this is the case is there any available.I also require a pair of door/wing mirrors. Many Thanks PHIL.G-45.http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/images/icons/icon9.gif

Wh1teLeopard
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't know if it is the ECU, hopefully Steve or someone else with a more tehincally minded opinion might see this and be able to help you out.

Have you checked the basic things first like plugs and HT leads. Also have you checked the distributer for cracks or damage. I don't know how much ECU's are, or how easy they are to come by, but I would imagine they aren't cheap or easy to find.

Maybe a list of things you know it isn't would help ie you know it isn't the spark plugs, because you tested/replaced them

Jakflash
09-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Hi

Did you sort the problem?
I have just posted a help request for almost the exact same problem,
Perhaps your solution would help me?

Jak

:help:Anybody'
Am having problems with my Beat.Engine light stays on all the time,car won't rev; properly or run smoothly. I have downloaded troubleshooting self diognostics. I have tried reset procedure,have located check con;as described and linked out also connected pos; neg; to this connector is this right!
The engine light remains on,does not blink at anytime.Could this mean that the E.C.U,has had it? if this is the case is there any available.I also require a pair of door/wing mirrors. Many Thanks PHIL.G-45.http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/images/icons/icon9.gif

Steve_M
09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
you should just bridge the service connector, and any codes will flash the engine light accordingly.

Light just stays on??? I would suspect an ECU failure. and would say replacement would probably be only option. worth finding someone local to try a known good one first.

If the engine light is on, then that is more than likely the source of your running problem.

HTH

Siu
01-05-2007, 03:47 AM
hi, i think u better try to find an importer in ur country with connection to Japan exporter, so u better order a new ecu from Japan with the part no. 37820-P36-003 the new version not the 37820-P36-000. But they have to take about 5 - 6 month to rebuild the ecu.:suicide:

mathis
05-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I have seem this happened on other Honda cars before... It was the CO2 sensor failing.. I am not sure on a Beat, but there's normally 2 sensors, 1 near the exhaust, 1 near the engine... if you get a machanic to check them out... don't think they are expensive to replace.

Hope can help...