PDA

View Full Version : Board Upgrade

Paul w
20-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Due to the high ammount of spam the board has been getting (and the fact that this board is about 5 years old!) I have gone out and bought a licence for the latest version of the vbb software.

I will be attempting to upgrade the board over the next few days so anything could happen!

Be patient and wish me luck!!

See you on the other side......

PW

Paul w
20-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Now look what happened!!

Well, it took a few hours and over £100 (about time we got the latest version!) but look what we have now!

A lovely shiney new message board!:eek:

Have a play, let me know if you find anything neat!

I'll tweak the graphics when i get time, along with the donate button that gone walkies!

Comments please!

PW

adrianp
20-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Ooh new toys to play with... :)

Like the quick reply bit too, makes things a bit easier (once you work out which button activates it...lol)

Come on everyone, time to donate again (once Paul finds the donate button ;) )

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
20-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I was wondering what was going on when I logged on lol

Mr Paul sir, could we pretty please also have the view new posts button back 'cause I can't find it hee hee

Looking good though :)

TADO
20-11-2006, 11:08 PM
top work on the new board paul - it looks great! :D

Jennifer
21-11-2006, 12:58 AM
excellent Ive still got address of someone who does the webby stuff donations welcome?

Paul w
21-11-2006, 08:05 AM
I was wondering what was going on when I logged on lol

Mr Paul sir, could we pretty please also have the view new posts button back 'cause I can't find it hee hee

Looking good though :)

Smack bang in the middle of the bar at the top of the page....theres a link named 'new posts'...not sure what it does though......:)

PW

Wh1teLeopard
21-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Well maybe I was very tired last night :p

Bruce
22-11-2006, 11:17 PM
I am having quite a lot of trouble when writing replies. As the reply page opens, the text box is squashed to the left such that it is only about 8 characters wide.

This is probably because I am running the page zoom function on my Opera web browser. Incidentally, Opera is miles better than Firefox or IE, mainly for this zoom feature, as it lets me run high res screens with readable text.

Hope you can fix this for me.

Bruce
22-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey, that's weird. Now that I try replying to my own message, I get a sensibly-sized text box... Hmm...

Edit:
Now seems to consistently work fine.

Andy V
24-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Looks good to me Paul, especially now I've found the 'view new posts' too :-)

ozsamurai
24-11-2006, 12:03 PM
You step away for a few days and look what happens, nice.. and more smileys! Great job as usual, what we all do without you guys, seriously..

Oz

marge602
24-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Wow! I dunno, you don't visit for a week or so and when you return, everything's changed. I'm also a member of type r owners.co.uk, and that's a pretty swish looking message board, but this looks even better. Top job.

Marge