PDA

View Full Version : Production month

Roadztuning
24-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi everyone...

Can someone tell me the production month of my car if I have the V.I.N number.

My car is coming in soon and I have to submit the exact production month to the customs before my car arrives to avoid inspection and yard fees.

The only thing I have is the V.I.N.

Can somebody help me with this???

Thanks everyone

yann

Wh1teLeopard
24-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Hello!

Maybe this topic:
http://u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1925

Might be of use to you ;)

Roadztuning
24-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah!!! I saw this topic but the problem is that the car is currently on the boat... and the customs what the production date before the car comes in.

There must be a way to find out the production month with the V.I.N.

Thanks
Yann

Roadztuning
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi guys, its me again. Just got my Beat but it is still jammed at the customs because of the production date. I have checked the seat belts but the only thing on there is the year of manifacture wich is 91. No sign of the production month anywhere. They are very picky about this and they wont let it go until i find it.

So I'm asking this again. Is there any other way we can find out the month of production???? what about the VIN??? can this tell us something?

Thanks guys

adrianp
07-11-2006, 05:18 PM
The only thing I can suggest is to contact OzSamauri on this site and ask if he knows anyone where he used to work at Honda in Japan who might be able to help (Sorry Oz, another puzzle for you...lol).

Not sure if he can but it's worth a go.

Ady.

Roadztuning
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I sent him an E-mail, thanks for everything.

If anybody else has a suggestion do not hesitate.

Thanks guys

Yann

Wh1teLeopard
07-11-2006, 11:47 PM
If you've got the chassis code, maybe Honda might be able to tell you?

I do not know, but I guess it cannot hurt to try and call them

Jennifer
08-11-2006, 03:09 PM
The logbook shoulkd actually tell you this I know it did on mine

Wh1teLeopard
08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Mine doesn't even say beat lol

Jennifer
08-11-2006, 03:45 PM
thats just strange, learn somethign enw every day!! I still think if this guy got the chassis number ot a honda dealer, oz or steve_m then theyd prob be able to find out

Roadztuning
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks for everything guys...But still havent found what i'm looking for.

I'm giving you my V.I.N. just in case sombody knows how to get the production month out of it.

PP1-1010160

Thanks everyone

Yann

Jennifer
08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
do you have any of the documentation service books etc? can you not look around th ewhole car to see if there are any dates stamped on the car

adrianp
08-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Ah,

Pop that number over to Steve M,

He is looking up another number for Esson (Version Z Thread) and 'MIGHT' be able to help you...

Ady.

Derek Walton
09-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi Yann,
you've just prompted me to register after seeing your plee.

I can tell you your Beat, Vin No: PP1-1010160, came off the production line on 3rd July 1991 according to Honda database.

For those wondering who I am, I am the Green Beat owner who attended the recent Beat meet.

Hope this helps and happy Beating.

Derek

Jennifer
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
wow thats amazing derek!

Roadztuning
09-11-2006, 01:05 PM
WOW thats great!!! Thanks a lot.

Now the customs will want some proof of that... Can you send me the link to that data base?

Thank you very much

Yann

Derek Walton
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry Yann but that's going to be impossible for me to do.
The database is internal to Honda and I cannot share it with you.
The only way you can get some proof will be from a dealer who may have access to it.
I don't actually have direct access to it myself, I have to ask a colleague to reference it, but that's all we can do, reference it.

I work in an R&D office and don't normally have access to this information. On this occassion, with some help, I could tell you the manufactured date but cannot print it for confidentiality reasons.

I hope you can understand that.

Derek

Roadztuning
09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
OK yes I understand. I want to thank you once again for the very usefull informations. I will try to get the customs release the car with those infos. I will also try contacting Honda Canada to see if they can send me a writen document prooving this.

Thanks again my friend!!!

Yann

Jennifer
09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Roadztuning
OK yes I understand. I want to thank you once again for the very usefull informations. I will try to get the customs release the car with those infos. I will also try contacting Honda Canada to see if they can send me a writen document prooving this.

Thanks again my friend!!!

Yann

If honda UK have this then surely every other honda dealer should. Good luck Yann best fun you will ever have

Derek Walton
09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Just to clarify, I am not a Honda dealer. I work in Research and Development and that's why I cannot give printed evidence.

Derek

Paul w
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Derek -

Welcome aboard! Knew we'd get you in the end!

Hopefully people wont plug you too much for info.....

PW

Derek Walton
09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Paul, how you doing?

Yes it took a while but finally aboard after a long while lurking.

How I have resisted for so long I'm not sure but anyway I'm here now.

Derek

Wh1teLeopard
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Hello Derek!

It's nice to see you on the boards :)