PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp bulb

marge602
24-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Morning folks

I've just taken my Beat for its MOT and it failed on something as trivial as a headlamp bulb, cos it was yellow, and the other was white. When i asked if they had a bulb i could buy, they took the yellow one out, and one guy said he'd never seen one that shape before. I'm inclined to believe him , cos i've never seen one with such a small flange on it either. It's a PIAA bulb, so i'm guessing it's either original or aftermarket from Japan. Obviously i need a white one to fit the car. Can i go to my local Honda stealer and order one, or is it a mail order item?

Regards

Marge

Jennifer
24-10-2006, 11:37 AM
do you have a picture of said bumb? i may be able to raid the local place for one, I dont have any to hand at the moment and cant rem what shape they are

Steve_M
24-10-2006, 12:33 PM
The bulb is called an H4H, its for the japanese market, it is available under Honda part number. looks like this

Midship
24-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Nice car.. by the way :D

marge602
25-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys.

I'll hit the stealers as soon as i can then. Thanks for the compliment Midship. It did look good under those flouro lights in the MOT station, even if such compliments make me feel slightly awkward. Its just a shame we can't make it to the Kingsbury meet.

Thanks again

Marge

Steve_M
26-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Part number for bulb is 33115-SH3-003

TADO
26-10-2006, 02:42 PM
hey marge
just to echo midship's comments - your car looks really nice! the side skirts look great - which ones are they?
mike

marge602
27-10-2006, 11:49 AM
The sideskirts are Mugen items that came with the car. It's only been in England since 2003, so it must've arrived off the boat with them. I did wonder whether they were genuine, but i spotted Mugen logos moulded into the undersides when it was on the ramp during the MOT. I'm chuffed to bits with the car to be honest. Not sure how long i'll have it, but it's a beautiful little thing, and such a riot to drive.

Regards

Marge