PDA

View Full Version : servicing

em_c5_2000
21-02-2003, 02:21 PM
im thinking of getting a beat but am looking into how much servicing a japanese car would be. ive spoken to my local honda dealership and they dont do them purely coz gettin the parts proves so difficult. i live in suffolk. could anyone help me out??!
thanks.

BDINGLE
21-02-2003, 07:33 PM
It clearly depends upon the workshop manager of your local Honda dealer. I've had excellent service from our lcoal north east branch who seem to take pride in having the Beat on their forecourt creating interest from passing trade when I put it in for service. The dealership has always been excellent and obtained spares from Japan via Belgium with minimum delay. Try another Honda dealer?!:bounce:

Midship
22-02-2003, 03:12 AM
HI,

As Bdingle said it depends on the Honda dealer weather or not they will service and work on your car. I live in Ireland and over here the majority of Honda dealers wont work on the car but with the help of this site theres not a lot of jobs I wouldn’t tackle myself at this stage.

As for parts-well the majority of them are available from Honda and most Honda dealers will get them for you. When ordering parts I first look for the code in the parts listing manual and give Honda the codes (I find it a lot quicker this way) and theres usually no prob getting parts in a couple of days. Some times it can take longer depending on weather or not the parts are in stock in Belgium.

One downfall of owning a beat is that they are so rare and especially used parts are hard to come by. On the other hand the reason why I love beats so much is that they are so rare!!

adrianp
22-02-2003, 07:28 AM
Hi em,

Where abouts in Suffolk are you?? I'm from Ipswich and the local dealer here won't service mine either...

I get most of my parts through Steve Manser who works for a dealership in Kent and then the small garage that services all of our works vehicles does the servicing for me.

I haven't had them do anything major on the car yet but if I had to then they would probably be able to help if given the relevent information to do the job properly. (99% available through here)

So the best thing, is to either find another dealership that will service one OR find a good reputable local garage and let them do the work. Also the local garage would probably be a lot cheaper anyway...

Hope this helps, Any other questions then just ask and we will all try to help.

Adrian
UKHBC No.59
Ipswich
:bounce: