PDA

View Full Version : Found anything interesting?

Steenson1
24-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi Folks,
Decided to strip down my interior and spend the winter months (and probably longer as I am skint) installing new carpet/seats and new suede panels.

Took my seats out for the first time and found the following :
1 Japanese lighter
3 small coins and 2 x 100 Yen
2 used Japanese chewing gum wrappers (nicely folded by the previous owner)
Oh and £6!! Happy days!! (enough to get my lottery ticket to pay for the new engine as well!!!)

Just wanted to know...

Anyone found anything interesting in their Beat????

Alan
:)

:D

Wh1teLeopard
24-09-2006, 07:24 PM
I found wooden chop sticks in the boot, 3 japanese coins under the seat and the original honda key :D

TADO
24-09-2006, 08:41 PM
haha! i was going to ask the same thing after taking my seats out the other week.
1 japanese parking pass
2 japanese coins
some parking tickets
what looks like some kind of receipt
1 pound down the side of the hand brake
and quite a lot of hair.......! ew.

makes you wonder about their past lives!

Bruce
28-09-2006, 12:06 AM
My Beat's 'ate' my bridge-crossing toll card which I had been keeping in its glove box, and about 4 months later, it spat it back into the glove box. That was really weird - it just plain disappeared during all that time.

B

Bruce
28-09-2006, 12:07 AM
How do you take the seats out? Is it easy?

Wh1teLeopard
28-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Fairly easy I'd say. Well if i can do it I would say anyone could hee hee!

Slide the seat all the way forward, undo the 2 (12mm) bolts that keep the rails attached to the floor. Slide the seat all the way back and undo the 2 bolts on the front.

Then lift it out. With the drivers side though you have to be careful as there is a plug to the seat belt. So when you've undone the bolts, tilt the seat forwards and you should see the wire. Which you need to unplug before you can pull the seat free.

Bruce
28-09-2006, 12:14 PM
That last bit was a nice little gem of info that makes this forum so handy. I'm sure I would've just yanked that cable without noticing it!

Thanks!

Wh1teLeopard
28-09-2006, 02:00 PM
You're more than welcome.

By the way, the plug is clipped into the metal floor, if you unclip it, it is much easier to undo then. I had to persist with mine for a bit before it would release.