PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild (winter project)

TADO
24-09-2006, 01:45 PM
hi!
as a winter project a good friend of mine is going to help rebuild my cars engine.
over the past few weeks the car has started to smoke a little at the bottom of hills etc so it looks like nows the time to start thinking about what bits i will need.
the car has done 120,000kms so we're planning to fit over-sized pistons etc.
i was wondering if anyone had any experience with doing this? ive researched a lot on the forum and a while ago steve mentioned that honda do a .25 and .5 oversized piston. ive also seen the feels ones and rsmach ones at 68mm.
im not looking to make the car into a monster or anything but wondered what the effects of using these might be and if it was advisable?
also, does anyone have any idea about waiting time for pistons etc from honda? as the car is used a lot the less time he's off the road the better really! :)
sorry for the long post! any tips or advice about the pistons or other parts we might need would be hugely appreciated!
mike

Cake7
16-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi there

I also have a Beat with a smoking engine and am looking to do the same.

As i am a little closer to Japan that the Uk I have been told that Honda Japan hold the parts for either option (standard size or over size) with a wait of around 2 weeks.

I am sure with more options in the UK you may have the option to go aftermarket?

Would be keen to see how it goes for you, I am tring to track down a workshop manual so that I know the best way of removing the head to access the pistons, or would it be better to remove the engine all together?

Any additonal help would be gratefully received,

Good luck with yours.

TADO
26-10-2006, 02:47 PM
hi cake!
im hoping to have my car into the garage pretty soon. im just clinging on to the last shreds of good weather before i admit that summer is well and truely dead!

i think ill be ordering most of the parts from Oz Samurai along with some goodies as well. hopefully it should be a nice Pimp My Beat session over the next few months.
ill keep you posted with part numbers etc if you like?
mike

Cake7
27-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Many thanks, it's always good to learn the do's and don't with others in the same boat so to speak.

Cheers
Kai