PDA

View Full Version : What's that red light doing?

Oktan
18-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi,

I've just picked up a Beat in England and brought it home to Denmark. What a cool little car. It runs great but a warning light popped up on my way home, it's the red one to the left of the battery charging light. The picture looks like a muffler with some heatwaves radiating from it, I haven't seen anything like it on any other car. What does it mean?

Stefan,
Denmark

David
18-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Sounds like the catalytic converter warning light. I'm sure someone with more technical expertise will be able to confirm.

David

TADO
18-09-2006, 08:38 PM
hi stefan
is it like this? i remembered reading this recently :)
mike

http://u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1874

Oktan
18-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks to both of you. I'm very new to the Beat world but have owned (and still own) several Hondas so this particular warning light had me going.

The other thread mentions a temperature sensor in the cat. I've never seen that on any other Honda, but it does sound plausible. The first part of the trip home the car only ran on 2 cylinders because of a defective sparkplug, so a lot of unburned petrol must have passed into the exhaust and may have damaged the temperature sensor.

I don't think it could be a problem with the O2 sensor, that would trig the Check Engine Light instead.

I'll have a look at it in the morning.

Thanks for pointing me in the (hopefully) right direction.