PDA

View Full Version : Down to Business....Engine Swap.

scottyd
26-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Right guys and gals, since getting the beat all of my dreams for it have went badly, dont get me wrong the car is perfect never missed a beat (sorry for pun), but the parts i wanted for it are a joke trying to get imported and so i still have a standard beat.

i recently bought a new toy to play with, a nissan pulsar gti-r (348bhp at wheels, 400lbs torque) monster!, but im not getting rid of the beat, instead i need to seriousley check out my performance modification possibilities.

i heard someone say on here that an old vtec civic type r engine would be able to fit the beat, has anyone actually done this, or in the process of doing so? any idea of cost including fitting/gear box/clutch/strengthening of other parts?

please let me know if you have any information regarding this type of transplant.

thanks,
Scott.

JamesJT
26-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Ever heard the phrase "to make a fast car car start with a fast car". Shouldn't you just have bought a new mr2 and put the tte turbo on it instead. Or an ariel atom...or lotus elise...the list is endless. I can't imagine the amount of re-engineering required to make a beat handle 220bhp.

Talk sense people...

scottyd
26-08-2006, 11:50 AM
You are completley missing the point all together, but really im not here to argue, im here to find out if it has been done, and the work/cost involved.

Thanks,
Scott

Niamh
26-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Sounds a bit dangerous to me :confused: Surely the Beat can't cope with that power? It's way too small and light.

scottyd
26-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Thats the beauty in it, small light car, lots of power, and built so it CAN cope.

still no one who has any info on this?

please do get back to me.

thanks,
Scott

scottyd
27-08-2006, 01:18 AM
i found the thread where this was discussed before, and Mathis said that the B16A 1600cc civic type r engine has been successfully fitted into the beat by back yard specials of japan, and they were about to fit a B18C 1800cc integra engine but mathis dont know what happened.

does anyone have any info on this..........ozsamurai maybe???:D

any idea of any companys that can perform this type of work in the uk?

thanks,
Scott.

Wh1teLeopard
27-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Maybe the companies that fit hyabusda (spelling?) engines into minis can help. I don't know what they're called but it might help narrow down your search.

notoriousgtt
27-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Try Z Cars (http://www.zcars.org.uk/) :D :D :D

-Barry

Jennifer
27-08-2006, 02:42 PM
I would personally make your own turbo kit as it is not that hard to do if you know how to fabricate, also I am in the middle of a R1 engine swap. As with anything these conversion cost a fair bit, but the turbo conversion I can safely say that it can be done for less than 1500 all in maped up.

adrianp
27-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Ooh, you kept that one quiet Jen...

I know you mentioned the bike engine before but I didn't realise it was going ahead.

Keep us informed won't you, any idea when it will be done?

Scottyd, 1stly welcome to the board,

Hopefully the 1st couple of replies you got haven't put you off, we are a friendly bunch really...:D

As for the engine change, to be honest, almost anything can be made to fit if you throw enough money at it. I'd start by trying to get dimensions of the B16A engine (& gearbox) and see what sort of modifications need to be done to make it all fit.

Didn't suzuki do a dinky V6, just a thought but maybe that might fit too...

Ady.

scottyd
27-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks Adrian! but ive been a member since december 2004!:p
just i havent posted much because things didnt really go as planned with my car (bodykit from rs mach didnt ever come so i got money back 1 year later!) problems getting stuff from japan in general. but ozsamurai really helped me get some stuff i needed, really helpful guy.

so since i will be driving my pulsar from november, i can start getting the mad work done on the beat as i will not need it as transport.:D

then hopefully by next year i will have a beat which will be able to out-drag bigger cars.......................well thats the plan anyways.
love to see the shock shock horror on peoples faces when the micro-machine leaves them behind.

Jennifer
28-08-2006, 12:22 AM
I keep mentioning but no one listens lol. At the moment the engine is off being tuned but the rear end has all be fabricated.

Comppletion date well that all depends on how much money and how fast I can earn it lol. I hope Oz keeps his contacts in Japan as I have a bodywork parts and wheels to order int he coming months