PDA

View Full Version : Main Relay gufflings...

TADO
21-08-2006, 10:28 AM
hi guys
i was wondering if you could give me any advice about getting hold of a new main relay?
mine is playing up quite a bit and its getting worse. my local honda dealer has been very helpful but theyve had it on order for one month now and we were wondering if there are any alternatives or quicker ways to get one as its preventing me from using the car as much as id like! :(

if i smoked it would be fine as i could have a fag while the car cooled down, but i just end up looking like a weirdo sat with his boot open in the middle of a car park! :D

i think someone mentioned using one from a civic or accord in another thread?
any help would be hugely appreciated!
thanks a lot!
mike

deathseeker
21-08-2006, 11:49 AM
hmm hey i think this might help u out ....
This (http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1685&highlight=main+relay)

TADO
21-08-2006, 12:01 PM
hey deathseeker!
thanks for the suggestion - i found that thread originally when i needed the part number - unfortunately the 3 day wait seems to be a lot longer now :(:(
i'd rather just replace the unit with a new one since its not really expensive and i dont trust myself with a soldering iron!
:D

Adam
21-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Just pull one off an old civic and you will be fine

TADO
21-08-2006, 02:37 PM
hey adam!
brill - thanks! is it exactly the same part number? if not dont suppose anyone knows the right one?
thanks a lot!!
mike

ps - did i just buy the honda manual from you on ebay?? if so thankyou - its brilliant! :D

Adam
21-08-2006, 03:50 PM
no part number is different and the number on the side is different too. But they look the same. I'll have a look if I got a beat one here.

If I do I can send it to you for free.

Adam
21-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I have a couple original beat ones here, so pm me your address and I'll post it over to you. They work just fine too

TADO
21-08-2006, 04:03 PM
hi adam!
wow - thankyou very much!! ill send you a pm now!
mike

DaX
08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Sorry to dredge up an old post, but from what I've seen, the Beat's main relay looks strikingly similar to the main relay from 1988 - 1991 USDM Honda Civics. I have a 1990 Civic, and have put a brand new main relay in it about a year ago for the same issues. I plan on swapping it into the Beat once I pick it up to see if it works. The dealership still has stock on the ED/EF Civic relays, and I think I paid only $45 USD for it.

Adam
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah it will work no problem