PDA

View Full Version : Paint

marge602
29-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi folks.

Long time no see. I've just spent a couple of hours washing, polishing and valeting my Beat. Its previous owners had most of it resprayed, but the plastic bits(air intake surrounds, bootlid hinge covers and the aftermarket sill covers)are a kind of magenta colour now. I'd like to paint them red to match the rest of it, naturally. I'm happy about my ability to prep and paint some bits of trim, but where do i get paint from? I believe the colour is called Festival Red, but i doubt if my local dealer can help. A touch-up pen would be good too, to sort out any stonechips

Kind regards

Marge

Adam
29-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Pain is no problem, all paint places will be able to help you. The paint code is R-80, and you can get it in either 2 pack(needs hardner) or base coat(this will need laquer)

Midship
29-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Ive noticed that when ordering R-80 over here you can end up with two totally different shades, one is a wine red which is the colour from one of Honda`s motor bikes and the other one is the original beat colour. Best to bring in a sample and get it matched up!

HTH