PDA

View Full Version : Nerw Style Center Console

ozsamurai
12-07-2006, 07:16 AM
This has just been released, I love it just thought I'd share...

price is 35000 but who cares, this is cool!! It also come in 4DIN style too, but I'm not sure where you'd shift the AC controls then, but DVD navigation etc.. is no longer a dream. Some storage space up the top or a nice flat sub-woofer, the mind boggles.....

ozsamurai
12-07-2006, 07:17 AM
pic

deathseeker
12-07-2006, 08:04 AM
35000 pounds or yen???..anyway its really really cool..

Adam
12-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Hey Oz what does one need to do to get this? :)

ozsamurai
12-07-2006, 08:25 AM
that would be yen, unpainted....

drooool!!!

Oz

ozsamurai
12-07-2006, 08:29 AM
usual I suppose, just not sure on postage having not done one before, although I would say it would be in the reach of the normal EMS post office size. I am leaving here very soon though so if your seriously wanting it, no time to waste.

Oz

Midship
12-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Very Nice!

john m
12-07-2006, 10:14 AM
What type of work would be involved in fitting this? The metal that drops from the dash down both sides of the radio would need to be cut out and the ducts for the air vents would need to be extended/moved but is this a job for a DIY person or would it require professional work? It looks fantastic.

ozsamurai
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
The metal parts shown in the pic are actually just painted to look that way, the whoile unit is one piece, it slides in on top, bolts in on the sides. Mounting the decks etc, thats a whole different kettle of fish, but basically, remove original, place in new!!

Oz

john m
12-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Its the metal thats inside the current colsole that I was asking about, the bars that are either side of the stereo behind the plastic, the ones that stop a DIN stereo from being fitted. The main attraction of this conversion is that it allow the fitting of a normal stereo, does the manufacturer of the kit provide instructions and all parts required to do the conversion to a standard DIN Stereo? If they do then its a nice piece of kit at an OK price.

ozsamurai
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Ah I see!! no the maker only gives you the FRP shell to work with, the rest (mounting brackets) would be your own invention, but as you can see they have shifted the whole face forward so a standard deck could then be backed in, leaving a little shorter space for the shifting but still reasonable I think.

Oz

JEZAR
25-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Hey OZ, How much is that in Aussie dollars and how long does it take to get here. Is that includin postage? Looks awsome!

ozsamurai
25-07-2006, 12:47 AM
I really don't know the answers but, the maker I would suspect would need a week or two to deliver then another week to make it to Oz via EMS. The price is not inclusive of postage domestic or foreign though. ex rate is 112 ish to the yen lately but aries daily, I calculate on $AUD1.15 =100yen

Oz

jaz
18-08-2006, 06:02 PM
is tht swade on yr dash n who did it 4 u cos it looks cool rlly cool erm is tht dash painted or is it a whole new dash jst in another colour cos i want my beat 2 look good as tht

Steenson1
21-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Love the picture...especially the suede look!
I work in the exhibition industry and I have a sample book full of different materials (we usually use to coat panels for backdrops)

I noticed that they do a suede and wood samples. (self adhesive or some need application adhesive)
The sample swatch I have shows how to apply and it says that it is suitable for curved or flat surfaces!
Here is a link..
http://www.bbrown.co.uk/Content.asp?ProdCatID=8

If you register they can send out a sample. (free ...as far as I am aware)

My Beat is currently out of action as I can't afford to put it on the road otherwise I would probably have a go at some suede work!!

I would advise getting the samples sent to a work address as they are trade only.

They also do footplates/glitter/cork and felt.

If you are having probs with samples I might be able to organise something. just drop me a mail.

Enjoy looking!

Alan
:)

jaz
22-08-2006, 10:08 AM
cheers for the help i will be looking on that web site but i think i might be selling my beat for definate now as the insurance is too dear for me