PDA

View Full Version : hmm hey i kinda need help

deathseeker
11-07-2006, 10:41 PM
hey well ..hmm the problem is tht ..whenever i start my beat .the engine starts but it dies off ..after a second or so ...well if anyway had a similar prob and got it fixed ..can u kindly tell me wht was causing this ...

....and by the way its not whenever i start the beat ..but well it happens most of the time

Steve_M
11-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Do a search on here for 'Main Relay' or 'Fuel pump relay'

Thats what id put my money on.

:D

deathseeker
12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
thnkx steve ...well...i think i have to buy a new ECU . ,..i went to the honda dealer ship and they said tht they dont have one for a beat ......so can i put a civics ECU in it

deathseeker
12-07-2006, 10:43 PM
and well from wht ive read ...cam belt has to be changed after 50000 ..but my has just reached 12 k ....... so hmm wht cam belt should i use ..ive tried to get one ..but couldnt find a match.. so again wht cars got the same cam belt

Adam
13-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Not quite sure why you would wat to change the ECU and to answer the civic ECU well no, you can't out any other ECU from any other car. Even if you got one from honda it would cost lots of money.

Is there only 12,000 on your clock?

If thats the case I would change it because one of 2 things happened there:

1. The car has 12k and its beed standing most of its life and thats not good for anything that is made of rubber.

2. Thats not the real milage so you need to be sure that is done.

You can get one from honda or there is a civic one that fits, try searching thge forum. I think beatproducts has mentioned which one it is.

Steve_M
13-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Even if you got one from honda it would cost lots of money.

In the region of £700

Genuine Beat cambelt @ £35

Adam
13-07-2006, 01:41 PM
See its quite expansive. But like Steve said check the relay. We have all had this problem at some stage.

Jennifer
13-07-2006, 06:10 PM
id get a meqasuirt ecu and put it on the rolling road for it to eb fully mapped up no worries then

deathseeker
13-07-2006, 07:00 PM
woow ..700 pounds thts expensive ...well i checked The ECU on my beat everything seemed fine expect for a couple of ics which i solded them back to normal ...anyway i found out tht the problem was not with the ECU ..some wires got mixed up while my mechanic was setting up the alarm system .......so he fixed them up and now everything is runing back to normal
........thnkx everyone

btw i bought these custom made leather seat covers for my beat ... it looks awesome ...and well on saturday ill buy some floor matts and a couple of stuff for my interior ......
ill be posting the pictures soon

john m
14-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Can you show some pictures of the seat covers? and give details of cost and where you got them? Are they real leather or vinal?

deathseeker
14-07-2006, 09:39 AM
well a really good frnd of mine made the seat covers for me ..and then i went to this car mod shop ( forgot the name) and they custom fitted it for me ....overall it costs me around 200 pounds ...

by the way its real leather .... .and i would be uploading the picture tomorrow... ( my frnd borrowed my camera from me )