PDA

View Full Version : just got my beat

deathseeker
29-06-2006, 09:58 PM
just got a beat ,,,,maan wht a car ..really .i had a toyota and this car doesnt even come close to it ...its like drving a ferrari ..it doesnt feel like its 660cc ..maan honda rocks ..and the RPM its 10,000 .thts like better then a mercedes ..i just cant stop smiling..my jaws strting to hurt//.ive been visiting this topic like everyday ..but i didnt have a beat so couldnt post stuff ..anyway i wanted to ask where can i put the engine coolant liquid ..and can i put those automatic roof opener..where u push a buutton and the roof opens and closes...and 1 one more thing .where can i put a sub woofer in it..iam a biigg music fan

deathseeker
29-06-2006, 10:00 PM
and forgot 1 more thing ..how can i open that whole thing which is covering the enigne

Wh1teLeopard
29-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by deathseeker
where can i put the engine coolant liquid

If you open the boot, on the passenger side there is a bottle. You need to unscrew the metal cap *WHEN ITS NOT HOT* and your coolant goes in there.

..and can i put those automatic roof opener..where u push a buutton and the roof opens and closes...

I have no idea! You'll have to investigate, way I see it is anything is possible.

and 1 one more thing .where can i put a sub woofer in it..iam a biigg music fan

My sub is behind my seat as I'm only 5'6" so I have the room. I bought a JBL GTO12" sub as it was very shallow, so did not need a lot of room for the magnet!

I then put the amp behind the passenger seat after removing the document box!

It all depends on how much room you have!

Have a play, investigate!

and forgot 1 more thing ..how can i open that whole thing which is covering the enigne

You need to firstly unzip the rear window (with the roof up)

Then remove the carpet there

Then you will see a panel, held down by 4 bolts

You need to undo these bolts, there is a tool in your tool bag (if your car still has it's original tool bag) that will fit the bolts.

Then you need to pull the panel out by first lifting the side closest to the window out past the window (it might be a tight squeeze)

Then the rest of the panel should follow!

Hope that all helps ;)

deathseeker
29-06-2006, 10:35 PM
thnkx very very much.... ...about the engine coolant ...we have to put to the engine coolant on the thing where it say DANGER right ,.

Wh1teLeopard
30-06-2006, 10:41 AM
If you mean under the bonnet, no. That's more for bleeding the system.

The expansion tank for the cooling system in in the back!

If you open the boot, at the side closest to the window, and on the passenger side, there should be a little white bottle with a metal cap.

The cap is a thermostat so shouldn't let you open it when it's hot, but mine will let me and I'll tell you now it blooming hurts!

Wh1teLeopard
30-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Here's a piccy for you.

Here though we have removed the boot lid for another job we were doing! But you get the idea! hee hee

deathseeker
30-06-2006, 11:05 AM
ohh ...i see ... ...well i was about to put the coolant on the other side :D .....

deathseeker
30-06-2006, 11:08 AM
and by the way ..whts tht silver thing ???

LawrenceHarding
30-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Regarding power roof, I fitted one to a Triumph Spitfire in the 70's and had to rebuild most of the hood frame (several times) which is a great deal simpler than the Beat one. The main problem is that the roof is intended to fold by lifting the front edge whereas you would power operate it by fitting hydraulic rams between the back of the well behind the seats and the main hoop and use them to pull it back. You will find that the standard geometry of the frame will not allow the front edge to fold back unless you push it up by hand first. If that's not a problem then fit some micro switches to stop the motor engaging until the front is lifted otherwise its likely to jam and damage occur.

Wh1teLeopard
30-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by deathseeker
and by the way ..whts tht silver thing ???

The big silver box in the middle is a CD changer, the previous owner removed the original one because the wire fell out of the back of the stereo, and they couldn't get the stereo out using screwdrivers :rolleyes: So they scratched the stereo surround and didn't bother to look around the back!

JGGIB
30-06-2006, 06:02 PM
happy motoring :D

deathseeker
30-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LawrenceHarding
Regarding power roof, I fitted one to a Triumph Spitfire in the 70's and had to rebuild most of the hood frame (several times) which is a great deal simpler than the Beat one. The main problem is that the roof is intended to fold by lifting the front edge whereas you would power operate it by fitting hydraulic rams between the back of the well behind the seats and the main hoop and use them to pull it back. You will find that the standard geometry of the frame will not allow the front edge to fold back unless you push it up by hand first. If that's not a problem then fit some micro switches to stop the motor engaging until the front is lifted otherwise its likely to jam and damage occur.
lol its kinda complicated..... and by the way i did 140 on my beat today..maan this car can do much better then 140..