PDA

View Full Version : random question

Leachyboy
17-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Bit embarrased to ask but ....

with the rear of my Beat suspended without wheels I can stop the hubs turning when in first gear

even odder is that applying the footbrake made the side i could see spin slightly faster prior to stopping

mad question :suicide: .....or is my clutch knackered

cheers ...and sorry to have bothered everybody so late:bounce: ... wake up its still early

regards
Andrew

adrianp
18-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Leachyboy
with the rear of my Beat suspended without wheels I can stop the hubs turning when in first gear

even odder is that applying the footbrake made the side i could see spin slightly faster prior to stopping

mad question :suicide: .....or is my clutch knackered

Ah, but can you stop BOTH sides turning when in first gear???

I doubt it, it will be the diff in the gearbox transfering drive to the other wheel

As for the brakes, I'd say that they probably need freeing off a bit, it sounds like one is applying a tiny bit before the other

Probably not a problam for now but it might be in the future...

I think the above is correct, I'm sure Steve M (Or anyone else) will be along to correct me if I'm wrong...

Ady.

Leachyboy
18-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks Adrian

yes each year the brakes get worse to get going:( especially the backs. Time for repair kit later in year maybe

do you adjust backs by winding the piston back in 45 degrees at a time

there not self adjusting are they ?

cheers
Andrew

Leachyboy
19-06-2006, 11:25 PM
These look similiar ...couldnt be that easy could it

ebay item 4651723798

Steve_M
20-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Leachyboy
These look similiar ...couldnt be that easy could it

ebay item 4651723798

Prob is 'Similiar' may be the word, rather that 'Same'

Beat rear caliper part numbers are Beat specific, Im not saying these wont fit, but the only way to find out may be to buy and try and then have to re sell.

Beat rear calipers are the opposite way round on the wheel e.g at the front of the rear wheel, nearly all other honda rear calipers are at the rear of the wheel. so brackets for handbrake cable etc, may be wrong.

Leachyboy
20-06-2006, 07:54 PM
steve

how much are the rear psitons and dust caps for the rear

oh ...and come on England !

Andrew

Leachyboy
20-06-2006, 08:37 PM
steve

how much are the rear psitons and dust caps for the rear

oh ...and come on England ! top corner by cole ....

Andrew

Steve_M
20-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Rear pistons are £37.45 each, Dust seal £5.19 each and Piston seals are £4.39 each.

HTH

Leachyboy
21-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Steve M

cheers send me a pm with total cost and I think I still have your address but send it again please

cheers Andrew