PDA

View Full Version : Write off pulling apart!

Ruschie
08-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Sadly some idiot drove into my poor lil Beat and made a good ding. The insurance company are making thier desicion this week as to if it is a write off. Considering they cant even get prices at this stage to make the desicion I'm tipping they will write off.

Anyway to the point. If it is written off I will buy the car back and strip it and sell every last piece of it.

So If anyone is interested in parts could you let me know so I can work out if there is enough interest in parts to make it worth my while buying it back.

The damage is too the rear right back panel (no good anymore) and that wheel. The suspention is bent also, from what isaw before it was towed away. Therefore all other parts will be for sale. (original interior) (1week old cloth roof in perfect nick also)

Hopefully there is enough interest and I can put out a list when I know what s going on.

Any feed back would be great.

Wh1teLeopard
08-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Really sorry to hear about your poor baby :(

JGGIB
08-06-2006, 08:56 PM
:mad:

Leachyboy
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
sorry to hear of your incident :(

i am intersted in roof if its not too awkard to send over and pay for pm what you would like and postage

cheers
Andrew

LawrenceHarding
09-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Sorry to hear your sad news.

I would be interested in a standard radio cassette if you have one.

Ruschie
09-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Hello there!

The roof wouldn't be a problem to send, it's quite light. It's black sunfast cloth with tan backing on the inside (makes it lighter) Only 1 week old and it hasn't even rained on it yet!!! As I said I am still waiting for the insurance company to make a final desicion. As soon as i know i'll let you know.

I do have the original cassett stereo. It all works perfect, just with one wonky button, but that still works. As i said I can let you know asap!!

Ta!

john m
09-06-2006, 08:04 AM
I would be interested in a passenger side wing mirror, mine was vandalised so I would love to replace it. Could you could PM me with price and delivery to Ireland?

KarlInAus
09-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Sorry to hear about this - I hope they fix it for you, but if not: I'd be interested in the passenger side door trim, the (if original) gear knob and the ashtray. Possibly more.

Karl.

KarlInAus
09-06-2006, 09:06 AM
+ Exhaust Cat Temp Sensor

Leachyboy
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
The vultures gather .... at least your Beat will live on around the globe

jurek
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear of your missfortune.
May I reserve the two door mirrors?
many thanks

would payment by paypal be acceptble??

Ruschie
10-06-2006, 08:03 AM
The passanger side wind mirror is already on hold, but you are more than welcome to the drivers side.

It's a RED Beat if that helps anyone!

B-pay would be fine!

The insurance company are so bloody slow, I am hoping in the next few days to have an answer then!!!

KarlInAus
10-06-2006, 08:30 AM
+ passenger side sun visor. (At this rate you could sell TWO beats!)

Adam
10-06-2006, 10:42 AM
I'd be interested in a set of clocks, and maybe a few other small bits like alluminium petrol cap or fog lights???

jurek
10-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi thanks the drivers side will be fine may I have a reserve on passanger side please.

Insurance in the uk is just as slow.

PS how warm is it down under?
Birmingham UK is 30C today

jurek
10-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Whats B-Pay?

Ruschie
11-06-2006, 12:53 PM
B-pay is an aussie thing sorry got mixed up.

I can set up an accoun for paypal if that makes it easy for everyone.

I'll do this once I gt an answer from the insurance company. (could be christmas at this rate!)

jurek
11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
We learn more about those folks down under ever day.

Is life realy as in Neighbours???

Ruschie
23-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Yes I am still waiting for a an answer from the insurance company. They tell me that it will be on Monday (26th) Although I am not going to hold my breath I hope to know so I can let you all know whats going on!!

Ruschie
29-06-2006, 01:56 AM
I have finally got an answer and to my amazment they are repairing the car!!!!

Sorry to all those who wanted pieces. I do know that a Beat just sold on E-bay last week in Australia for pulling apart so who ever bought it may be selling bits soon!

Nicole!

KarlInAus
29-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Glad to hear they're fixing it.

LawrenceHarding
29-06-2006, 02:03 PM
What wonderful news!!

obiwanwasabe
05-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Mine was vandal damaged (attempted theft) very recently and the insurance are repairing it at a cost to them of nearly £2,500gbp, maybe they have a good valuation price on these now! I would like to see what they pay if one gets written off.

Ruschie
06-07-2006, 02:02 AM
I wonder how much the repairs are going to cost them as it is only insured for $8000. They are relacing the suspension, and then all the body paneling!

I have a feeling i am going to end up with an odd wheel, it got mangled in the crash and I can't see there chances of fixing it of finding another one the same. I was going to get new ones anyway so i think this is going to be my excuss to get them.

I would have liked to have known how much they would have sold the write of reck for!

CJcyprus
16-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Just wondering how the Engine is i need one in mine :D

CJcyprus
16-07-2006, 04:05 PM
sorry didnt read all the thread:rolleyes:

jaz
16-08-2006, 10:14 PM
im sori 2 hear about yr car i am very intrested in the passenger side door if it is still good condition could u pm me bak soon as possible plz thank u very much

Ruschie
17-08-2006, 02:57 AM
The car is currently getting fixed!
It has been for almost 3 months now, so sorry no door available!

Good luck

Ruschie
17-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Have you tried getting one new? I do know that my insurance company got two new pannels for me through Honda. That was the side back drivers side and back bumper so doors may be available. Just an idea!
If they do I should tell you they are either really slow at shipping or my insurance company paid for the cheapest slowest boat!

Murali
09-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Interested in buying Engine contoll unit,Distributer and other associated electrical parts.Pl let me know if you have them...Thanks

Originally posted by Ruschie
Sadly some idiot drove into my poor lil Beat and made a good ding. The insurance company are making thier desicion this week as to if it is a write off. Considering they cant even get prices at this stage to make the desicion I'm tipping they will write off.

Anyway to the point. If it is written off I will buy the car back and strip it and sell every last piece of it.

So If anyone is interested in parts could you let me know so I can work out if there is enough interest in parts to make it worth my while buying it back.

The damage is too the rear right back panel (no good anymore) and that wheel. The suspention is bent also, from what isaw before it was towed away. Therefore all other parts will be for sale. (original interior) (1week old cloth roof in perfect nick also)

Hopefully there is enough interest and I can put out a list when I know what s going on.

Any feed back would be great.

upbeat
09-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I'd be interested in the top and also I'm looking for a couple of bits: the little button inside the driver's door which, when the door is opened, is responsable for the interior light going on. Do you have pics of the car?

CJcyprus
10-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I thought it was getting repaired?

Ruschie
10-11-2006, 11:26 PM
The car was fixed a while ago so there are no parts available. But the car is up for sale if you would like the whole thing!