PDA

View Full Version : mirror bracket

marge602
27-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi again folks

I was wondering if anyone out there knows where i can get a drivers side wing mirror bracket? I'm referring to the large-ish black plastic item that attaches to the car, and holds the mirror glass that the body coloured surrounds fit around. When i bought my car the mirror was flapping about, and i wrongly figured it needed tightening up. It's broken right by the spring that's attached to the drivers door, and is currently held on by one screw. If it's not possible to get a replacement, can it be fixed? It doesn't look like it to me, but maybe there's some inside knowledge i don't know about.

Regards

Marge

Steve_M
27-04-2006, 01:38 PM
The part you refer to is not available separately, so its either a complete new mirror (in the region of £160) or you attempt a repair on it. (I never found a good way, its just too brittle)

You could also see if some one has a second hand mirror. try Ozsamurai on the board.

HTH

LawrenceHarding
28-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Both of our Beats have suffered mirror damage which left the mirrors wobbly. Clear silicone sealer in the gap between the head and mount (make sure its dry first) on one and Blu tack in the other worked well in our case.