PDA

View Full Version : OIL cap

MajorTom
26-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi all,

Today while packing into the trunk (yes I know...) I realised that my oil cap is gone! I refilled some oil a week ago and while I'm sure I put it back on maybe it wasn't fitted properly.

First of all is this a major issue ? I mean maybe rain or dust can get into the engine ? Didn't noticed anything obvious but really scared now.

It seems to be a special fitment not the common Honda screw oil cap. Where can I get a replacement or can anyone confirm the compatiblity with other Honda oil caps?

Maybe I should do an oilchange quickly ?

Thanks,
Tom

Midship
26-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Rain seems to gather on the top of the cap on mine so id do an oil change to be safe...

I haven't come across another that will fit, they are fairly cheap anyhow so its best to buy from honda

HTH :bounce:

MajorTom
26-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll keep looking but do i have to wait weeks/months to get one ?

Guess I should ask Steve M on this one.

Thanks Midship,
Tom

Steve_M
26-04-2006, 10:54 PM
As if by magic the shop keeper appeared :D

£10.63 to you, including postage.

HTH

MajorTom
26-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Ah Steve,
I'll PayPal it rightaway!!!

That's magic :)

Thanks,
Tom

MajorTom
26-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Ah forgot... Steve how much would be an oil filter for the beat or any replacement that fits? As I'll carry out an immediate oil change then. (No driving till it's done!)

Thanks again,
Tom

Steve_M
27-04-2006, 06:59 AM
PM sent

ozsamurai
05-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Just a footnote on the oil cap issue, this is what I used to combat the water build up in there which leads to rust etc, so while its new.... Its a piece of carbn sheeting sealed in with double sided tape, bad cut job but will do a better on later on...just FYI