PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Rack!

Midship
11-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Im considering bringing my beat abroad this summer, which got me thinking about storage space....

I know you can be creative and cram stuff in all over the place, which would be more than sufficient for my luggage; however problems start when you’re bringing a woman with you!!!!

A luggage rack for a bit more storage space would be ideal. Thing is, id like to have one that's removable and one that I don’t have to put holes in the boot lid to fit!

Suzuki do an excellent one for the cappuccino (see below), it fits without any drilling etc, and once the boot is closed it can’t be stolen!

First things first, dose anyone have a removable rack on their car? or is anyone else interested in getting one?

I know a guy with a cappuccino who has a rack so im thinking about looking him up so I can see if the cappuccino one will/can be made fit. Maybe OZ could comment on what hes seen in Japan?

Cheers :cool:

Edited to clear some engrish :D

MajorTom
11-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I have the original Honda one... actually i'd trade my boot lid for one without a rack (silver only) or with a spoiler.

Although this looks great as well!

Tom

adrianp
12-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi Midship,

Now my beat is sold (Goes on the 21st...) My custom luggage will probably be up for sale soon.

See this thread for details from when I bought them new.

luggage (http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2772#post2772)

Not sure how much yet but thought I'd mention it to you in case you were interested.

The roof does sit slightly higher when folded with the luggage on the back shelf but hey we can't have everything can we... :D

Ady.

Midship
12-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Those bags are a great idea, I have two similar bags for under the hood cover already & im not to sure the blue would go with my car :eek:

Its a shame to see you parting with your car after all this time, im sure its only a matter of time before you have number two lined up tho:D

ozsamurai
13-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Racks, everyone needs them now and then.... I have seen a good sturdy (set removable) from a Eunos Roadster used, that is the one that grabbed my fancy of the after market non-honda set, similar arrangement to the pic you attached, just has some nicer wings on the sides. I like genuine myself though, and the 5kg thing is rubbish, I have carried two Beat Seats and parts on there before today.

Cheers

Oz

Midship
13-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Cheers OZ, I think ill forget about the cappuccino rack.

The original one is very nice, but I don’t want to go drilling holes etc

I sourced these made by a Swedish company... they are fully stainless, have a 30KG limit are lockable. No hole drilling required. Im making enquiries to see if they will suit the beat and if there’s enough clearance to fit one with the standard spoiler attached.

If anyone else is interested in one, nows the time to drop me a PM I may be able to negotiate a better price if a few people are interested.

If this idea falls through its good to know that I could get a eunos one

:D

Midship
13-04-2006, 01:52 PM
And another...

Wh1teLeopard
13-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I might be interested depending on the price of course. Would be mighty useful for some of the camping shows :)

Midship
15-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi WL,

Its looking like they`ll be appox 160 GBP inc delivery. You can order from one of the companies agents directly, they are based in the UK.

Im still waiting for confirmation that it will actually fit with the spoiler attached, once I can find that out- ill be ordering mine. :D

Wh1teLeopard
16-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Ok thanks for that, I'll have to have to let you know when I know exactly my financal position come 4th May ;)

tinytim
17-04-2006, 06:22 PM
the problem starts when your bring a women with you!!!!

Midship that's terrible spieeling,,, the 's' on the end of start be put just before the beginning:D

Midship
17-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Ha ha me must run aspell checkk :rolleyes:

LEE.W.
18-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi midship, message in your p.m. regarding luggage rack.
Awaiting your responce. Thanks Lee.:)

Midship
18-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry LEE, PM replied to now ;)

LEE.W.
29-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I,ve personally contacted the uk supplier for those swedish bootracks and unfortunately they dont make them for the Beat size boot. www.roofrackshop.co.uk
If anybody reading this can say different and have managed to make another car model fit without drilling holes i,d appreciate a pm or post.cheers Lee.

Edited to correct link...;)

adrianp
29-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Wouldn't the RH806 fit???

rack size 100 x 42cm (although the 42 bit might be a bit big for the Beat)

boot fitment size 71 - 110cm

Ady.

Bruce
29-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Would that fit on a boot with a standard spoiler attached?

Bruce

ozsamurai
29-05-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't know if its much more chop than the Beat one as far as size and capacity, but there is a guy on th auction boards over here selling a rack from a Suzuki Cappucino and says it fits a Beat, from the pic, looks like it doesn't need to be drilled.

Cheers

Oz

Midship
30-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Yes, these guys seem to have one that`ll fit the boot alright & they are adjustable. I couldn’t however establish weather it would fit with the standard spoiler attached…..

Given the price, I figured it would be a bit expensive to rely on trial and error

Midship
30-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by adrianp
Wouldn't the RH806 fit???

rack size 100 x 42cm (although the 42 bit might be a bit big for the Beat)

boot fitment size 71 - 110cm

Ady.

Actually that's the one I had my eye on!.. the size wouldn't be a problem- only for the cut outs for those two plastic covers either side, which means a loss of almost 10cm.

There's a good chance that the clip for the rack wont need to clip on to that 10cm.. but as with the spoiler issue its hard to know for sure until you have one on the car :explode:

Thanks for the tip on the cappuccino one OZ