PDA

View Full Version : Horn

AliA
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
My beats horn hasn't worked for about 4 months or so, I've searched about horns on here etc and after my service today the dealers said its the actual horn thats dead, not the fuses etc.

So basic wuestion, will any horn fit? and if so is it just a case of pulling the old one off and fitting the new one?

tinytim
04-03-2006, 07:31 PM
It should just be a case of getting any 12v one that fits. Given the way some people drive, and as you need one anyway, get the loudest bl00dy horn on the market.
Get one that makes cats and dogs head for the nearest bed, one that shatters windows at 10 paces and causes structural damage to anything higher than 2 stories and you may just get noticed on the inside lane of the roundabout:mad:

AliA
04-03-2006, 07:42 PM
LOL :p

I had missed giving some stupid arse drivers a blast as, hand gestures on their own don't quite have the same impact.

Thanks for the reply, my mot is a while away but I've been hornless for long enough.

Wh1teLeopard
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
The only time i've ever used mine was when some numpty pulled out on me at a roundabout... the worse of it was that

a) I'd just done the brake pads, so was trying to bed them in a bit first
b) He actually made eye contact with me first, stared at me and the car. Then just decided to pull out anyway!!!

I think www.speeding.co.uk do some cheap horns ;)

AliA
18-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Right got my 12v horn. Horn is on the front left hand side, looking at some pictures.

Tried to get my bumper off and cant get the bloody black screw poppers off the top part of the bumper. How do you get them off? take out the center screw? all of them just turn and turn, tried lifting them to no avail.

Midship
18-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah i had this problem too, the center part is meant to screw out but it doesnt always happen like that, i had to remove half of mine by force. A drill and/or a bit of violence with a screw driver and pilers will do the trick!!

tinytim
18-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Yep me too! You can get replacements from Honda (mine came in grey for some reason)
To try and do as little damage as ,try screwing a wood screw into the centre part but only just enough to get the thread to bite then pulling it out with some pliers. If this doesn't work, get nasty with the pliers as Midship says.

AliA
18-03-2006, 06:05 PM
LOL i was going to resort to violence earlier but my other half persuaded me to ask somebody, just to make sure.

Thanks for the replies guys.:D

AliA
18-03-2006, 06:39 PM
got the bugger off:cool:

STEVE BARNES
18-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi
my horn packed in just before the MOT, I undid a couple of screws on the plastic panel under the wheel arch , giving just enough access to unbolt the horn from the car!!
A couple of whacks with a hammer and some plusgas cured the problem.
I think it had "seized" due to lack of use.
Steve.

AliA
18-03-2006, 09:24 PM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2070/dscf00180zp.jpg

is the rusty old horn.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3176/dscf00270bt.jpg

is the new horn in place.

Gives a nice deep 'toot':p

Wh1teLeopard
19-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Looking good Ali :D