PDA

View Full Version : My new yellow bits *grin*

Wh1teLeopard
01-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Bought some rather nice stretchy leather look material from ebay an decided to tart up my door cards. What do you think?

Wh1teLeopard
01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
You'll have to excuse the gear knob, it's in the middle of a respray and got stuck :( ! hee hee!

MajorTom
01-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I quite like 'em actually! Nice job :)

Getting ready for Spring, aren't we ? :)

Tom

JGGIB
01-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Was it easy to do? cool steering wheel .do it not catch on your legs:)

Wh1teLeopard
01-03-2006, 07:32 PM
It was really easy to do, got some of the carpet for sub boxes and glue gun'd that onto the door card.

Then did the material around the handle to open/lock the door, gluing it on the back only (don't do it on the front it melts the fabric a bit and turns it a funny colour hee hee)

Then pulled it really really tight around the top to remove any creases, glueing it in place. Then the sides and bottom.

Trimmed it all up, glued any other bits and put some holes in for the other handle.

Took a few hours to do, but i'm really pleased with the results.

And the steering wheel... good job it comes off, else I'd just be able to turn slightly right all the time hee hee! ;)

tinytim
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Looking good:)
I started like that and look where I ended up!!! When do you take the dash out ;)

Mitsuo
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
It looks great !
I would like to do same thing to my BEAT.

Mitsuo

:eek:

Wh1teLeopard
10-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Mitsuo
It looks great !
I would like to do same thing to my BEAT.

Mitsuo

:eek:

You can either pay someone to do it for you (and get a nice proffesional finish) or do it yourself...

If you look >HERE< (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8030021022) then this is where I got my material from. It's stretchy, and what you have to do is take the door card apart and stretch the fabric over the bit you want to do. Then using a glue gun dab bits of glue to hold it in place

however

DO NOT GLUE ANY PART THAT IS VISIBLE WHEN REASSEMBLED

so by all means glue away at the back, but don't put any on the front, it melts the fabric slightly and looks terrible.

To get a good finish you need to stretch the fabric as tight as you can so you don't get creases.

Bruce
17-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Very nice work.

It really excentuates an easily neglected, yet sleek element of the car's design.

Though I can't help but wonder how it would look if you added some contrast with some black fabric on the lower half of the door. It would match the contrast between the body and the A-pillars.

Bruce

Wh1teLeopard
17-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Thank you :)

I was very tempted to do the bottom half black. But my boyfriend did point out that the bottom does tend to get kicked quite a lot. So I'm a little concerned that the fabric wouldn't stand up to too much kicking hee hee!! ;)