PDA

View Full Version : G'day from a new Beat owner

KarlInAus
01-03-2006, 05:06 AM
A big G'day from a new Beat owner in Australia. Bought the car in Sydney and drove it back home to Adelaide (something like a 1200km journey) Currently awaiting it's roadworthiness inspection so that I can re-register it in South Australia (had to fit a smaller diameter fuel filler neck) so hopefully there won't be any problems - as I'm really starting to miss driving it. Have just replaced the driver's side door mirror and am on the lookout for a cat temp sensor, passenger side door trim and ashtray. I'm really impressed with this forum & have gleaned a lot of useful information from just lurking - I think this forum helped give me the confidence to actually buy a Beat, 'cause you folks are so helpful to each other.

Karl.

JGGIB
01-03-2006, 06:55 AM
G day sport ... Just came back from Perth,got some relations in Mt gambia ..welcome to the forum..

tinytim
01-03-2006, 08:31 AM
G'day Karl,

Just about to move to QLD (in July) if you fancy popping up for a tinny feel free :D

It's only 3000kms

Wh1teLeopard
01-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Hello! Hope you enjoy your new little baby to look after :)

Hopefully someone here will have some spare parts for you. If not there's a chap in South Port (Uk) who's breaking a yellow beat I can give you his e-mail address if you like see if he's got any of the parts you need ;)

ozsamurai
23-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Hi Karl,

Will be down under myself towards the end of this year, I think I saw your car on carpoint as I was looking around too....have to let me know if you find another one!!

Anyway welocme to the forum, lets know if I can help you out with anything.

Cheers

Oz

ozsamurai
05-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Karl, Just a quick question if you don't mind, which RAW did you get to do your fuel pipe conversion, is that all they had to modify for compliance? I'm seraching for a place now to do mine so just wanted to get as much detail as possible. Thanks

Oz