PDA

View Full Version : How do I take this apart?

Wh1teLeopard
28-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I was wondering how you take the lighter grey parts off the dash.

The parts infront of the dash pods, the light grey square bits!

I looked at the manual but couldn't see it.

-Em

AliA
28-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I was wondering this too, because I have some sctratches on the passenger side (were there when it was bought). Anyway I asked this of somebody who was breaking their beat and he said that its all part of the dash apparently and is difficult to remove.

Never tried myself so he may have just told me a load of bull but I dunno personally, never tried to pull it apart.

Wh1teLeopard
28-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I've seen pictures where people (usually the Japanese) have taken them out to cut a hole into the passenger side one to put a single din stereo in. So I assume they must come off some how! hee hee!

tinytim
28-02-2006, 08:18 PM
You have to remove the whole dash as these two bits are screwed in from the rear. Taking the dash out is nothing like as difficult as with most other cars.
Remove all the centre plastic work from the rear bulkhead to the centre consul, remove the radio and centre vents (they just pull out with care). 2 screws behind the vents + 2 at the bottom of the centre consul will allow you to pull it forward and remove it.

4 screws release the heater and hazard controls and will give you the play needed to disconnect the electrics and get to the 2 screws that clamp the heater control cable in place. (Pull the control knob off the front and undo the screws to remove the whole box)
Remove the steering wheel and the steering column covers. The instrument cluster has 3 or 4 screws that you have to get to from underneath, (It's mounted on a metal plate) + the one behind it that stops it ratteling. You will need to remove the 4 allen screws in the rear of the instrument panel and remove the rear cover to safely remove the electrics.

Remove the 3 small covers on the dash near the windscreen and undo the 3 bolts you find. There's another on the right by the drivers right knee, one in the centre under where the radio was and another on the extreem left (you may need to remove the glove box and small cover to the left of it to get to this one).

The fun job is removig the dash all I can say is it does come out and it does go back although you may come to a point where you don't believe it's possible,,,I did! It needs a bit of a roll forward and lift.

Have fun:D

Wh1teLeopard
28-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Bloomy heck! That sounds like a lot of work...

It should be worth it though when I've finished my evil plan hee hee!

Thanks very much though TinyTim appreciate the help :D