PDA

View Full Version : I am a new BEAT owner

Mitsuo
24-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone. I am a new BEAT owner. I am very happy joining you. Now, I would like to know good service garage or dealer. I live in St Neots (a border of Cambridgeshire and Herts) and sometimes go to London. Could anyone recommend me one which has got good knowledge about Beat and reasonable, please?:confused:BEAT

Wh1teLeopard
24-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Hello! And Welcome! :D

Sorry i don't live your way, but I'm sure someone on here properly does ;)

MajorTom
24-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi and welcome!

I could do with one too as I live in Cambridge. Post some pics of your Beat ! :)

Tom

JGGIB
24-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi could do with some more beat owners in east Anglia.:)

AliA
27-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Regarding your servicing query try your local Honda garage.

I have my beat booked in for this Saturday and have been quoted £135 for a full service. I also tried the local performance car garage (ABP motorsport) and they said they could do it too, but they were £150.

adrianp
27-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Glad you have more luck than I do AliA...

My local dealership won't even change the oil on mine...:rolleyes:

AliA
27-02-2006, 09:29 PM
wow any reason for that?

When I took my other car to the garage for some warrenty work we took the beat up so we didn't have to hang around. The servicing manager noticed it and said he hadn't seen one of those in a while so I asked him if they would service it and he said yes. I just had to give them a few days to order all of the relevant parts.

Mitsuo
27-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Thank you all. I'll try to ask local Honda dealer first.
I have heard BEAT has trouble with cam belt. Have you had any bad experience? Or don't I need worry too much? My BEAT is about 72000km means 45000miles (?). Do I have to change cam belt? Unfortunately I do not have previous service data.

by the way I am a Japanese. If you or anyone want translate something about BEAT from Japanese to English, I love to help you!

;)

MajorTom
27-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Wow that's a nice offer Mitsuo!

Might come handy :)

Hope you enjoy your Beat. If you do a search you can find that cambelts aren't that bad it's just something worth looking after. Means changing every 50.000kms and if you have to remove it for some reason then it's worth to put a new one on. Could save a lot of hassle and £££ later on :)

Tom

adrianp
28-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Hi Mitsuo,

Like the Major said, that's a great offer, and I have a feeling several of us will take you up on it...lol

As for the cambelt, Honda stated the service interval as 100,00Km BUT they have been known to go as soon as 50,000 so since you are between those figures, I'd think about getting it done just to be on the safe side,

After all, if it's the original one, then it's getting on for 12 years old (or more) and probably could do with replacing anyway...

Ady.

Mitsuo
28-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes. I totally agree with Ozsamurai and Paul W.

;) By the way I may help some translarion. Me? I am a Japanese!

Mitsuo

woops, I sent it wrong page,,, :suicide:

Mitsuo
28-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Thank you for your suggestions.
But, Honda dealer in Cambridge do not service BEAT they said. I have to find another dealer or garage.

Mitsuo

MajorTom
28-02-2006, 03:03 PM
That means I shouldn't even contact them ... I'll start looking then as well. First one of us finds a good garage in Cambridge wins Mitsuo ! :)

Tom

David
28-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Marshall Honda in Peterborough have serviced my Beat regularly for the last 13 years.

Last one in December '05, cambelt change and new waterpump cost total of £320 inc. parts and labour.
Not cheap but cheaper than a replacement engine.

David

Wh1teLeopard
28-02-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm suprised to hear that the Honda dealers won't service beat's. Brindley Honda in Cannock were fine about doing mine, didn't do a very good job but didn't seem to batter an eyelid at it!

How strange!

Scorch
28-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi. I used to live in St Neots (just opposite the big Tesco). Although I only had a Clio in those days, there is a really nice man in Elsworth who used to deal with my car - he might not want to touch it, but he is a lovely man and very reasonably priced. If you head towards Cambridge and take the Elsworth turning, its a couple of miles up the road, sort of in the middle of nowhere. More likely though - my sister knows a man in St Ives who deals in classic cars so is likely to know a good mechanic locally. She is going to find out for me, so I'll post a reply when I have more info. There is also a good Honda dealer in Milton Keynes who impressed my mum the other day (not easy to do!). MK is about 40 mins drive, so might be a bit nearer than Peterborough (?)

I'll let you know about the man in St Ives when I've got more info

Cheers
Scorch
PS the Riverside Inn is quite nice - walk across the field (unless its been built on!) to the river and then cross over the weir...

Mitsuo
09-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to reply late because my computer has broke down completely and I lost much information in there. I suggest you to back up as often as you can.
Anyway, I live in just opposite of the big TESCO in St Neots !!! I visited to Honda in Peterborough and they said service is cost 360pounds!!! I think it is expensive, or are you all pay that amount money for BEAT service?
Honda dealer in Cambridge will look after BEAT after 17th March. I do not know why but some dealer's internal condition or something. I am going to see them after 17th and let you know what they can do with BEAT.

Again, thanks a lot for the information.

Mitsuo Shima

:D

Wh1teLeopard
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Mitsuo
I visited to Honda in Peterborough and they said service is cost 360pounds!!! I think it is expensive, or are you all pay that amount money for BEAT service?

That does seem a lot of money, is that just the service or includes the cam belt?

I paid that much for a 'gold service' and cambelt change. There were two cheaper alternatives a 'bronze service' or 'silver service'. I think the bronze was about £60, the silver about £90 and the gold £160. It cost me £200 for the cambelt change.

I had no service history with mine and thought a full service wouldn't go a miss, maybe you could ask them to break down (itemise) the price for you, so you know what you are paying for?

Mitsuo
10-03-2006, 10:26 PM
It sounds reasonable.
It could be the 360 is included cam belt change and service. I hope so. Maybe I misunderstood. My poor English !
I try to confirm them again.
Thank you !

Mitsuo
It sounds reasonable. It sounds reasonable.

ozsamurai
23-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Mitsuo,

First of HI! Sorry to join the post a little late. I'm not sure on the GBP prices but that is a fair price in Japan for the CAM belt operation maybe 40 over. If you have any probs drop us a line in English or Japanese.

Cheers

Oz

Mitsuo Shima
13-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Hello, every one. I am still here. My computer had problems and I really fed up and change my old one to Mac! It is really good. I wonder why I changed it before.

Anyway, Thank you for everyone. I changed my BEAT's cam-belt and service at Peterborogh Honda. They are quite good. I am happy with their service. It was not cheap but it was reasonable I believe.
Now, Honda dealer in Cambridge has new owner(?). They run different company, so they do service BEAT now.

Have you seen the BEATS on e-bay? There are two BEATs and both are really nice. I want to have both. I will do when I won lottery.

again, thank you very much for everybody who gave me good suggestions.

Mitsuo

LET'S LEARN JAPANESE! I HOPE YOU AGREE WITH ME TOMAS BAKO?

MajorTom
13-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi Mitsuo,

:)

Yes, learning Japanese is fun. :)

Glad you've changed to a MAC ! I have mac at home and since I do I'm a lot more relaxed when I got home. Nice one.

Cambridge service is good news, I might ring them to do a maintenance service. Thanks.

Nice cars on Ebay, yes.

See you later,
Tom

adrianp
13-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Is this a Beat thing...

I've just bought myself a 2nd hand Mac iBook... (Isn't eBay great... :D )

I think it's a great bit of kit and wonder why I never looked at getting one before... :confused:

Don't think I'd be any good at learning Japanese though... It all sounds foreign to me...;)

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
13-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Hello again!

Glad you've come back to us ;)

I'd never be able to learn Japanese... I've only just mastered English and I'm 21! :D ;)