PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cyl Sensor

mtanec
16-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Looking for part number - 37841-pz2-004

this part number is for this dignostic error - No.1 CYLINDER POSITION (CYL SENSOR)

anyone knows where I can source for this item as there is no where I can find any suppiler locally.

anyone also got a picture of it?

thx.

LEE.W.
16-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Are you sure you need a new cylinder sensor?
I know you have done the diagnostic check to get the fault code
but i had the exact same problem and turned out my ignition timing was way out. Also you need to check your cambelt has not slipped a tooth on the pulley.
Might not be any of the above but is a good starting point.
How well does your Beat run across the rev range while driving and at stand still with this checklight on.
Lee:)

Adam
16-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Lee is right, it must be timing issue. A lot of people had that problem and it has always been that.

adrianp
17-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Not everyone Adam... ( I know, there's always one isn't there...)

Mine had the same error and the only way Steve M could get rid of it was to fit a new one...

The one we removed looked very poorly indeed...

MTANEC,
it might pay you to drop SteveM a PM and ask how much one would be from him... He works for a Honda deallership here in the UK and knows his way around Beats pretty well.

Ady.

Midship
17-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I had a used working one somewhere, ill have a look, if i find it ill let you know.

:bounce:

mtanec
20-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Thx for the replies..

I had two mechanic checked and even the last one claimed that the sensor had got hold of the problem as the timing has been readjusted time after time with several of the parts being replaced (most recently had the water pump changed and timing belt have to be removed and replaced and timing adjusted)

well, my car behave as such - checklight is on and off all the time till recently it is ON at all time.. and since then, my car will redomly rev smoothly and suddenly it does not respond at traffic light when I step on accelerator.. and when it does, it will be jerky at start and smooth again if it decided to go.. not like normal cars, when u step on accelerator, the engine will rev along, but this time round, the engine does not respond altogether as if nothing has been done even when I floor the accelerator..

according to mechanic, it is the cynl sensor that is not responding as it is not receiving any signal thus engine not responding..

anyway I will speak with steve. thanks