PDA

View Full Version : Fancy going to le mans...?

LEE.W.
15-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Ever wondered what a 24hr endurance race would look like close
up?
I.ve decided to stop wondering and have already booked the ferry
crossing for myself and my beat for the weekend of June 17/18 2006 leaving Portsmouth sailing to Caen.

What would be even more fun is to have a convoy of beats driving there and back and or meeting up for the journey.

The ferrys gets booked up very quickly so if your really keen and want to go here are my sailing times.

Brittany ferries; Sat 17th june 0700hrs (Portsmouth to Caen)
return: Mon 19th june 0900hrs (Caen to Portsmouth).

Intrested..?

More details will follow. Lee.

Wh1teLeopard
16-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Are we going to watch a race? or are we taking part in something?

Sorry to be so blonde, but I am interested.

MajorTom
16-01-2006, 03:28 PM
we're going to do a 24hr endurance race with your rebuilt Beat :) How dows that sound! 24hrs of 9000rpm ... yummi :)

Tom

LEE.W.
20-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi,
sorry to say were not actually racing on the circuit of le mans even
though 2/3rds of the 14km circuit is public road closed for the weekend.

here are some more details about le mans 2006.

The actual 24hr endurance racing cars start @ 1700hrs sat.
You can buy race tickets at the gate for £36.
You can order your race weekend tickets for entrance and camping up front @ www.lemans.org.
Camping costs between £30-£90 depending on how close to the
the main straight/grand stand/carnival/madness you want to be.
They do get full quickly so to be assured a pitch (7mtrsx5mtrs) book your space early.Seems lots of people go on the thursday.
Im sticking to my Sat am sailing as its only 200kms from caen to lemans.

A weekend of sun,beer and bbq's.....oh and watching some
racing.

Still intrested:D
I will give you updates and any more details as i get them.
cheers Lee.

MajorTom
20-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah I thought it's not about racing Beats just tried to scare Whiteleopard, although looks like she ran too far after heard about abusing her Beat. j/k, sorryyy...

I would be interested btw just have to ask my other half is she interested in watching cars for 24hrs without blinking :) Nah... I'll ask in another way :)

TOm

JEP
14-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi
Anyone thinking of going should think about making a week of it.
Arrive anytime from Monday for the beat camping spot, choose the campsite carefully as some are so noisy there is no sleep for the week.
Wednesday the roads are closed and for the afternoon you are able to rude the circuit on your bike. The race ticket give you access to the pits and also scrutineering in the town Wednesday and Thursday. Practice Thursday and Friday. Historics Saturday AM then The Race.
Party all week, fairgrounds and shows and plenty of beer and strip clubs!
More beer and partying. A must for each group is a large swimming pool which can be bought on your way down for about £100.
Anyone travelling from up north it’s nearer (less miles believe it or not), quicker and faster to sail Hull Zeebruge overnight and drive down through France.

JGGIB
14-02-2006, 06:18 PM
how can you take a tent and beer etc in a beat,went shopping for running shoes and could not get the shoe box in the boot ...should not have put the cd changer in the middle ..thats now for sale now i have the Ipod sorted. :)

Wh1teLeopard
14-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I've been camping in mine :p

Took at tent, a gazebo and clothes... oh and few disposable bbq's hee hee

hondzilla
14-02-2006, 09:51 PM
anybody going to the classic le mans that is 8 and 9 of juli.
whil be there whit my camper and can not bring my beat.

can anybody show me the link for the camping site for le mans.
can't find it on the site of le mans.

or are there any plans that some of you whil visit the mane land this year.
i hopefully get my car registration at the end of this week ore at the begeinning of next week.
then i finally can drive my beat after 3 years of getting my registration.

LEE.W.
16-02-2006, 12:21 AM
On the subject of carrying capacity in the Beat i'm aching with laughter knowing i,ve got to take my stuff as well as my passengers... plus a tent and pick up a swimming pool on the way there.:D
I.m not able to make the whole week leading up to the race but am looking foward to the race weekend so are there any other BEAT owners will be there 12-18th june2006?.
Heres how to get to the tickrts/camping information
1; go to www.lemans.org
2; click on 24 hrs du mans (under sport)
3; click ticket office and down load the 2006 ticket rates as a pdf file.
(should be 7 pages of info)
online booking opens feb 28th.
Mr Honzilla, what kind of cars race in the classic le mans and over what distance?
regards Lee.:)

hondzilla
16-02-2006, 10:02 PM
the will race all race cars that have run on the 24 le mans up to 1980.
cars are in differend classes from race year and the will drive
about 2 hours and then the other class whil race.
the do this 24 hours around so alol the classes whil drive day evening and night.

this 24 hour race for classic cars is only every 2 years.

laserchains
26-02-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm taking my copen over would be good to meet up with some beat drivers.Leaving on the Thursday coming back on the Monday.

LEE.W.
26-02-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah definetly hook up with you laserchains over the le mans weekend.Keep in touch via this thread every body who is going or still has yet to decide (come on you lot). 16 weeks to go:D
Lee.