Beat parts on e bay

Paul w
14-01-2006, 04:37 PM
i think hes breaking this one.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18206&item=4597166004

MajorTom
14-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Yes he is.
I bought the hood+frame+rear window off him two weeks ago. He said that they're all MINT!
Sadly they're not. The frame is BENT ! You can't open/close it fully. It's not shipping damage as it's bent on both sides the same way hard to see but I checked with my other one. And it's rusty as well. The roof itself is almost the same as my 14yr old one. The rear window was new but all in all it didn't worth £350.
It would do with a good frame and good hood so I can just replace the whole lot.
I sent it back hope he'll pay the money back.
I just don't understand why he saidi it's MINT while it's obviously not.
Be careful. He's a nice guy but maybe judges differently! ;)

Tom

tinytim
14-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Who's breaking it the guy who was selling it or the guy who won the auction?

MajorTom
14-01-2006, 07:06 PM
It's the guy who won the auction. In Southport called Geoff.

Tom

tinytim
14-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Cheers Tom

Wh1teLeopard
02-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I went up there on saturday and bought the passenger side wing mirror. He seems like a very decent chap, gave me lots of tips and advice.

Apparently he's always buying in beats and fixing them, or selling parts if they don't work.

The yellow beat he's braking doesn't seem in that bad a nick, I think the roof was bent because someone's driven into something with it, smashed the windscreen then whatever it was has bounced onto the roof bending that. I can't say I saw that it was bent though and it opened and closed fine, beading was excellent, and has the original back window.

He had his wife's beat parked outside, it was immaculate. Mugen body kit, well polished paint, custom made luggage rack. Was stunning.

I definatley recommend getting in touch with him if you want something. I've got his number and e-mail address if anyone wants it.

Beatproducts
02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I will buy your old broken wing mirror if you want to sell it :)

I also spoke to the guy who is very nice, but a little pricey compared with getting new parts from Oz in Japan!!!

MajorTom
02-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes I can't say anything bad about him as he refunded me totally! No questions asked (for the roof) . He claimed that it was damaged during shipping and it has been already fixed. Rear windows is mint ! Although the roof isn't.
Nice chap indeed really!

Tom

Wh1teLeopard
03-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Beatproducts
I will buy your old broken wing mirror if you want to sell it :)

It's terrible though, i'm currently using it to try and help me to stop driving into the wardrobe in the garage :suicide: It's suddenly become useful whereas before it was hopeless.

The glass/mirror is horrible, you can't see anything out of it. That without doubt needs replacing. I think it's just some ordinary house hold mirror, the kind for doing your make up.

The metal inside has snapped clean off the spring so it doesn't fold back at all and it's been glued a million times with some horrible stuff.

The mirror was glued on with window glue, so you'd have to snap the glass to get to the inside.

Oh and it doesn't even sit properly, and you can see all the glue on the inside (which by the way didn't stick toanything)

I'm really annoyed with whoever owned this car before me. They either hit something, or someone hit them and they just bodged everything back together.