PDA

View Full Version : Need more advise

mtanec
12-01-2006, 05:56 AM
I did a dignostic and I get this error - No.1 CYLINDER POSITION (CYL SENSOR)

What is required to be changed and what is the part number?

Midship
12-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Have you set your timing correctly? If its off or set to the wrong mark it can cause this code.

:bounce:

mtanec
13-01-2006, 06:52 AM
indeed I had a timing belt change about a year ago (15,000 km ago) but everything was doing fine until recently.. I have start up problem which the Check light will remain on sometime which get more and more frequent till last week, it will remain after I start the car.. things got worse when I drove the car around with the check light on when the car did not respond when I step on the accelerator at a traffic light junction. when I step on the accelerator, it feels like the car almost died but after several attempt, the engine is back into action till I stop at the next raffic light junction..

So I did a dignostic check and I get code 9.. if the sensor has zonk out on me, anyone knows the part number? or anyone knows where to get it?

Beatproducts
16-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Just do one thing to put your mind at rest before buying a new sensor which has Honda Part Number 37841-pz2-004.

Check your distributor is not about to fail due to adverse play in the bearing because it would affect the timing before it gives up completely!!!