PDA

View Full Version : i pod

JGGIB
03-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Got myself an ipod any way it can contect to the clarion with out the I trip ?

tinytim
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Only through one of those cassette jobs.
A cassette with a trailing lead and a jack plug on the end. Insert the cassette and plug the lead into the headphone socket of the Ipod, select cassette on the stereo head and away you go. I used to have one for my mp3 player but I can't find it:(

MajorTom
03-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Well I thought the same and found out my cassette mechanism isn't working :( I insert the adapter and it keeps coming out... grrr... :( Have to take the radio apart now to see what's the prob.

Otherwise you can use an FM receiver. You plug it in the ipod (like Griffin iTrip) and tune to that freq on the radio. Although might be tricky on japanese frequency :)

Tom

Paul w
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
you may find that it ejects due to the fact that it senses that the tape is not running through. Some adapters dont seem to cause this problem, others do...

PW

MajorTom
03-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Hmm... I wonder which ones work and which doesn't. I'll get a cassette and test the player. Anyone got a working adapter please post a photo ! :)

Tom

tinytim
03-01-2006, 08:45 PM
I found mine, it's a Sony Car Connecting Pack CPA-8.
It has a little gear wheel with rubber roller on the inner tape appature which may be why it does work. I'm guessing this transmits the drive from the cassette spindle to the tape roller in the cassette player (or vice-versa). From what Paul says the skysound may think it's a snapped tape if this doesn't happen and chucks the tape out.
Mine looks just like the one here, CPA-8 (http://www.drliew.net/archives/000539.html), but I can't find any for sale:(

JGGIB
03-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I tried the frequncy unit but could not tune it in will try cassette unit.

MajorTom
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
mine looks quite idenctical to TinyTim's but it just doesn't work :( Gotta find a cassette now to test properly :D

Tom

JGGIB
04-01-2006, 09:45 PM
JUST FOUND ON E BAY A GRIFFEN TYPE TRANSMITER THAT WORKS ON 88.1FM ,I THINK THAT SHOULD WORK ON BEAT RADIO ?

Bruce
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
My Beat has had a modification made to the frequencies the radio receives, to bring it into line with UK's range of radio frequencies, which differ from Japan's.

I use a Vivanco tape adaptor, which sounds a lot better than any tape I've listened to. I had tried a cheap adaptor from Asda, and it make more noise from the tape player than the loudspeakers! Hopeless. So do shop around for the best sound quality.

I also use door speakers from Focal JMLab, a French manufacturer who makes speakers to sound good, rather than look flashy. Radical design approach, eh? They make home hifi speakers worth 10 grand or something silly, so know their stuff. Mine were about £110, so were the bottom of their range.

Bruce

rick
17-01-2006, 04:36 AM
there is a company that makes an ipod adapter that plugs into a cd changer socket and irrc doesnt the beat have one of those on the back.
i'll see if i can find the addy for them so someone can check if theres one for the beat.

MajorTom
17-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Hmm. that'd be great Rick!

As long as they have a clarion version I bet it works...

Tom

rick
17-01-2006, 04:33 PM
found the link
http://www.mp3yourcar.com/
for info.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/search.asp
to see if it works, the beat isnt listed but if someone knows another honda that can use the same cd changer thats on the list then i think it should work.

LawrenceHarding
18-01-2006, 12:53 AM
If its any help the Clarion DC628 autochanger is plug and play with the standard Gathers stereo so I imagine any adapter which will suit other compatible Clarion head units will also do the Beat.

JGGIB
20-01-2006, 07:50 PM
got one from e bay plugs into cigar lighter and works on the beat freq comes in white and holds i pod just right.so selling 6 disc cd player..