PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

Wh1teLeopard
21-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Just rang up our local parts place and the chap said it was £57.48 for some new front pads... :eek: Which took me back a bit...

Are they used on any other Honda, or are these Beat specific too.

Also the chap said it could be weeks or months before he could get some in... :rolleyes: Which is a bit pants as my brakes are starting to squeak quiet loud now.

Adam
21-12-2005, 09:24 PM
I think this is the most common question asked :)

try searching for brake pads

here is one:
http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1347&highlight=brake+pads

Steve_M
21-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Genuine Honda Pads
Front : £67.54
Rear : £35.00

Front pads are Early Honda Jazz (1985-86)
Rear pads are Civic/CRX (1988-90)

HTH

tinytim
24-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Well here I sit waiting for the kids to go to sleep,,,it's gonna be a long night:(

Front pads

Bendix DB 305 (I think these a Ferodo as well)
Blueprint ADH24243
EBC DP529

EBC are the only ones I can find on the net but @ £18.38 a set there're probably the only ones you need to find.

£55 will get you a set of discs

Happy stopping:D

Paul w
26-12-2005, 01:19 PM
if you are desperate em, i've a set sitting in my soon to be emptied garage! (with your mirror glass!)

PW

Wh1teLeopard
26-12-2005, 04:13 PM
I take it they are new Paul? :p

Jurek found a place in Birmingham for me, I don't think they are open today, but I shall call them again tomorrow see if they can get me some asap if not i'll PM you Paul.

Adam
26-12-2005, 05:31 PM
They are available from every motor factors. I get them off the shelf everytime I walk in. I'm sure even halfords will do them.

Paul w
27-12-2005, 12:32 PM
they are new and honda parts

PW

jurek
28-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi the EBC DP529 fit the Honda Jazz 1.2 84 to 86

Midship
28-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Adam
They are available from every motor factors. I get them off the shelf everytime I walk in.

Same here, they are widely available and should be no need to pay honda prices they cost me about 13GBP for rears and about 18 GBP for fronts :bounce:

Midship
28-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Heres another thread on them with more details

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1087&highlight=bREAK

Wh1teLeopard
28-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Got them now, thanks for all the help everyone...

Cost me £64 in the end :rolleyes: but at least i've got them, and making the boyfriend fit them tomorrow before I need new discs aswell :rolleyes:

tinytim
28-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Cost me £64 in the end
I thought this thread started cos you weren't to keen on paying £57:confused: ,, not that I'm in a position to speak,,, I paid that for a pair of bulbs:(

Adam
29-12-2005, 02:42 AM
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!

Wh1teLeopard
29-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by tinytim

I thought this thread started cos you weren't to keen on paying £57:confused: ,, not that I'm in a position to speak,,, I paid that for a pair of bulbs:(

Aye, but I also said it would take weeks maybe months according to the chap at the Honda place. I couldn't have waited that long, as I found out today one of the pads was completley worn down and was about to start munching away at the disc.

Adam
29-12-2005, 09:16 PM
But you can get them from every motor factors (even halfords on a Sunday)

Wh1teLeopard
30-12-2005, 07:19 PM
The first post was also a typo, I put a 5 instead of a 6. As steve said Honda want £67. And when I first rang up this place it was £42, then £55 and when I went to pick them up it was £67.

I don't have internet access at home anymore because my brother blew up all the working PC's :rolleyes: so all your suggestions of going to Halfrauds weren't seen until after I'd picked them up.

But i'll know for next time.

MajorTom
30-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Anyway never SAVE on BRAKES. most important part of a car! ;)

Tom

adrianp
30-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teLeopard
I don't have internet access at home anymore because my brother blew up all the working PC's :rolleyes:

Hi Emm, What has he done, I'm sure someone on here can help get you up and running again...

I would but you're a bit far away really.

Ady.

Wh1teLeopard
30-12-2005, 09:54 PM
I've bought mine down for the moment just to upgrade the boyfriends SatNav as he's broken his PC so can't use two USB devices at once (so can't use modem and tomtom at the same time)...

Men :rolleyes: ...

:p ...

But my little bro's PC which was our main PC so he could fill with downloaded crap was blown up in style. Firstly it just stopped working, I think the mother board gave up all hope, don't blame it really. So lil bro bought a new HD, but switched the power supply (I have no idea if he did it by accident or just didn't know what he was doing, I say it's 50/50) and apparently there was a loud bang, followed by smoke... dunno where that PC is now, probably in PC heaven or a skip.

So lil bro gets hands on spare PC out of shed, lil bro then decides that entering DOS then pressing random keys at any given moment is the best way to go. Now Spare PC doesn't even start at all! :rolleyes:

So lil bro gets hands on Dad's PC, dad's understandable not kean on this and banishes lil bro from using dad's PC. And I've just hidden mine because I don't want him to blow up mine either!

So that's the history of our recent PC problems, I can use mine when I fancy carting it down the stairs, but I have to take it back and hide it again before lil bro blows it up or fills it with Halo maps

MajorTom
30-12-2005, 11:10 PM
I always wanted a lil bro! :D

Guess it's just the PSU then change the fuse and it's done (I blew up a few years ago by fun)

Otherwise get a laptop ! Easy to carry/hide and always there when you need it :)

Tom