PDA

View Full Version : How many are there...

LEE.W.
14-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi, does anybody know how many Honda Beats there are in the UK..?

This is mine, five spoke alloys will be on in the new year.

LEE.W.
23-12-2005, 09:40 PM
finally.....:bounce:

MajorTom
23-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi LEE,

Welcome on board.
Nice red Beat :) What year is it ?
As I read here estimated Beats in UK are around 200... but someone might prove me wrong...

What size of alloys are you looking at ? I'm thinking on going to 14/15 combo maybe next year maybe later... sometime. We'll see...

Tom

adrianp
24-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Looks very nice...

It's the same as mine looked when I bought it (except mine was yellow...;) )

I just thought I'd do a couple of bits here and there and look where that got me...:p

Oh, and the last I heard, there was somewhere around 100/120 Beats in the UK but that was a while back.

Ady.

P.S.

I've re-sized the pic for you so that it fits on the page better.

LEE.W.
29-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Good to know there could be more than 100-150 uk Beats.Apparently the DVLA has records of how many licensed Beats are on uk roads and when i get a moment i will look.
In response to question ask about alloy sizes etc.
i'm putting 14' alloys all round with 165/60 tyres all round.I,ve made 6mm thick alloy spacers, one on each front wheel for wheel arch clearance.
Oh yes .... it's a1992 Beat.:)
Here is a pic of finished wheel and spacer..

MajorTom
29-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Looks nice!
Post a pic once it's on the Beat!

Btw. where do you buy original size tyres ? 13/14 ?
My traction isn't very good and I'm blaming the tyres (and the weather :)

Tom

LEE.W.
31-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Lucky you having no traction...i'm still waiting for the snow here in Guildford to go and play in the Beat.:D
As for your need for original size tyres.. i've never had to buy any
for my beat and probably wont .If you dont mind waiting a few weeks i'll have four standard tyres for sale with miles of tread left,as my alloys are going on.Lee.:)

MajorTom
31-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Hmmm... Dunno why I lose traction then... I always forget to check the wear on the tyres as I'm busy with getting in/out of car :)

I actually like my rims ... does allround 14" or 14"/15" combo or 15" makes difference handling wise ? I mean give more traction in cornering ? Wonder...

Tom

LEE.W.
02-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi Major Tom,
would like to help with your lack of traction on your Beat but very difficult to diagnose without driving your car.I could only suggest someone you know taking it for a spin who's got some expertise in suspension etc.
As for your combination of wheel sizes and how they would effect
handling and cornering it would seem that the guys and girls on this forum have done a lot more experimentation than i currently have had time to do.
My choice of 14' alloys all round with 165/60's was taken as i happen to have these alloys sitting in my workshop doing nothing and with 165/60s would only require 6mm spacers at front.The rolling radius of the car would also only increase by only 4% from original tyre fitment.
Like you i really dont mind the look and handling of the steel rims
but its time for cosmetic change.....i hope they work:)
Sorry i could not be of any more help with your questions but feel free to ask.
:bounce:
happy new year, Lee.

Bruce
06-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I like to run the standard tyre sizes. I use Uniroyale Rallye 680's, and I find them to be OK grip-wise, and rather pretty to look at. But I am keen to try out Continental EcoContact EP's next, as they do very well in tests, although these tests consider all aspects of tyres, including noise, rolling resistance, and price, when all I am interested in is grip and handling. I think Continentals are good all rounders, hence their good scores. To be honest, it is impossible to find performance-oriented tyres that fit both standard tyre sizes. So I am *trying* to wear out my Uniroyales.

Bruce

Adam
06-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I got a set of Yokahama tyres and I dont like them at all. Before I had Dunlop sp sport and they were better.

But in my opinion Continental is the way to go.

Midship
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
But I am keen to try out Continental EcoContact EP's next, as they do very well in tests, although these tests consider all aspects of tyres, including noise, rolling resistance, and price, when all I am interested in is grip and handling. I think Continentals are good all rounders, hence their good scores. To be honest, it is impossible to find performance-oriented tyres that fit both standard tyre sizes. So I am *trying* to wear out my Uniroyales.

Bruce

I had these tyres on my cappuccino, I bought them because (as you said) they do very well in the tests. I can honestly say they are the best tyres ive driven with and would love to get them for the beat. Great grip in the wet!.... Perhaps a little too much though :p

mtanec
13-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by adrianp

Oh, and the last I heard, there was somewhere around 100/120 Beats in the UK but that was a while back.

wow, that's many... There are only 2 more Beat left in Singapore and mine is one of them and the only one still in original condition. It is cool to own a unique car here, but it is not cool when my car breaks down...

Andrew Fisher
13-01-2006, 09:00 AM
I put Continental EcoContacts on mine and I don't like them. Doesn't seem to grip like it used to when it had low profile Dunlops on.

(Now standard size all round)

Midship
13-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Profile will make a HUGE difference, out of interest what profile are your eco`s? im driving on 65 profiles at the moment (were already on the alloys) and I can really noticed the difference! theyll be changed shortly back down to 60 or even 55. 65 profiles are cheaper but dont suit the beat at all in my opinion..

Andrew Fisher
13-01-2006, 09:54 PM
They're standard Beat profile. My Dunlop rears were track tyres I think - certainly the tyre warehouseman didn't believe they existed until he saw them (they were good, but they were BALD!)

Jenny B
16-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Is it still worth spending on making the Beat look nice when it might be difficult to keep it running? I thought spare parts were becoming difficult to come by.

JennyB

LEE.W.
23-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Hiya to all of the above Beat fans,
The above alloys went on today with brand new dunlop sp300's.
x 4 @ 165/60 H 14's. for £248 inc wheel balance/valves and VAT.
Go on .. somebody out there tell me i paid to much:rolleyes:
They do look fab on and apperently will last longer than the budgets i was going to put on so only time/miles will tell.
As for the handling of the car? Still as sure footed as ever as though the car is going round corners on rails.
I'll post pics in the next few days.
Jenny B, yes , some spares must becoming difficult to obtain and
can be expensive depending on where you souce them from.
It would seem theres usually a Beat owner out there some where willing to answer your questions or knows somebody who can.
I,m still a new Beat owner at only four months old so i,m spending :bounce:
Cheers Lee.

NOTE;How many are there...? It's no good...we'll all have to meet
up one day.

tinytim
26-01-2006, 11:09 PM
For those suffering from a lack of rear end traction can i suggest you have the tracking checked, front and rear. There are a couple of cams on the lower rear suspension arms so the rear tracking can be adjusted, it should be neutral (at least mine is and it sticks like glue)

If the garage you go to is puzzeled at having the rear tracking checked, go to another one. They will need laser aligning kit and will need to check the front ones as well. It will also tell you if the car is bent (lozenged).

Just a thought

LEE.W.
31-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Alloys on and a piccy as promised.:D
and would i need my tracking checked now because of the change of wheels ? Regards Lee.

LEE.W.
31-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Alloys on and a piccy as promised.:D
and would i need my tracking checked now because of the change of wheels ? Regards Lee.

adrianp
31-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Lees Picture...

JGGIB
31-01-2006, 06:05 PM
i see you too have a EAT registration. :)

LEE.W.
02-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I 2 have an EAT (hee.. hee) Have you an 8 on yor plate.:)

JGGIB
02-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes J8 :cool: