mat2
05-10-2005, 09:14 AM
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g34925042

Wh1teLeopard
05-10-2005, 12:45 PM
What is it? A temperature monitor?

adrianp
05-10-2005, 01:31 PM
It's a heat proof mat to put behind the ECU to keep it a bit cooler.

Here's a very bad translation thanks to Bablefish...

* * Commodity details * * << Changing the condenser, the one which it will have been relieved, sooner or later perhaps the day when the condenser becomes useless comes. If the measure which can be made advance is done, perhaps by some chance also the condenser has safely. >> (1) the YMNFA glass wool heat insulation material is used. (2) the picture 1st way putting ECU, you installed. (3) it meaning that the adhesion tape has been attached on the reverse side, it is installed simply. (5) the picture 3rd is temperature after the 1 hour travelling. It is the temperature where the white thermometer measured body side. Top of the black thermometer under that is temperature of EUC side at air temperature of that day. (6) The picture 1st way attaching the sensor, it is the result which it measured. (7) When the heat insulation material is not used, both EUC side and body side it was the same temperature. (8) When it is not installed, engine side and ECU side are the same temperature. (9) By the way when measuring, the highest temperature is 65 degrees. After cutting the engine, also the differential time where temperature goes down is different. * *

Not a bad idea, I'm sure we can find something simlar over here to do the same job.

Ady.

ozsamurai
05-10-2005, 02:39 PM
thinsulate is what it is called over here, even fiberglass roof insulation does the job but is a bit messy. I have seen the like done also with the one sided reflective camp rolls.. All to high tech really:rolleyes:

OZ

Wh1teLeopard
05-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Why does the ecu get so hot? Surely Honda would've realised this? Or do chipped beats get hotter than normal?

adrianp
05-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I think it's basically because it's right the other side of the engine firewall.

I don't think it had anything to do with it being chipped or not.

Ady.

ozsamurai
05-10-2005, 11:54 PM
I tend to agree, they just really didn't think that one through! Figured the ECU's didn't start to malfunction for 8 yrs, which was too late/expensive to do anything, so out of warranty out of mind!

Hmmmm

Oz