PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Wanted

LozzaBeat
24-09-2005, 03:29 PM
It appears that I need a new radiator for my Beat - does anyone know where I can get a new one or where to track down a second hand one?

Thanks,

Laura

adrianp
24-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Don't know how much a new one would cost (SteveM where are you..???)

but you might be able to get your old one re-cored if you have a radiator place local to where you live.

Ady.

Steve_M
25-09-2005, 09:54 AM
New Radiator @ £212.53

But would go on back order, so could be days, weeks or months

HTH

LozzaBeat
25-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by adrianp

you might be able to get your old one re-cored if you have a radiator place local to where you live.

Ady.

The garage I took it too mentioned getting it rebuilt somewhere and would cost about 100 quid. Is that still reliable? I don't wanna spend that much when it could just go downhill fast and I could have got a brand new one for double the price...

It seems the wait for a new one is pretty long/indefinite...I've had an estimate at 3 weeks from one place but whether that's a guarantee or not who knows...

Dilemma...better get my thinking cap on!

Thanks,

Laura

adrianp
25-09-2005, 02:23 PM
If it's re-cored properly (and 99% of the time it should be) then it will be pretty much like a new one...

I've had a previous car one done and never had any problems with it for the 2 years afterwards that I kept the car.

Compared with an unknown wait, I'd go for it.

Adt.

LozzaBeat
27-09-2005, 02:14 PM
fingers crossed- its in the garage at the moment. They estimated 48 hours so lets hope they stick to it! Either way its better than a few months!