PDA

View Full Version : Wanted; No:1 Cylinder Position Sensor.

LEE.W.
14-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi all fellow Beat owners,
Engine check light flashes nine times during self diagnostics. Has anyone got a no:1 cylinder position sensor for sale.The part number is 37841-PZ2-004. Thanks .

chs74
15-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi Lee.W.

are you sure, you need a new one ?
May be it has something to do with the
Ignition timing and the cambelt.
What happen that you get 9 flashes from the check light?

cheers Christian

LEE.W.
15-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi Christian,
I have yet to check the electrical connections to this sensor for continuity so i dont exactly know if a new one is needed just yet.You asked maybe ignition timing and cambelt?.Here is how this checklight appeared after the following incident.
Beat broke down on motorway,misfired and stopped.The gear on the end of camshaft stripped distributor gear wheel on distributor.
Cambelt was ok so when at home i fixed the gear wheel on camshaft end and replaced the distributer unit as good as new and put a new cambelt on to be on the safe side.Beat now runs ok apart from it will not rev cleanly above 5000 rpm.Upto 5000rpm no problem, but above sounds like a big or small ends rattle.This sound is not the big/small ends im sure of it.Note; beat will rev to 8500rpm.
Ignition timing was done by myself ok but iwill get a proffesional tune up once ive sorted this check light.In answer to what looked like your question,yes, 9 short blinks of engine check light when i am self diagnosing ecu =no;1 cylinder sensor.(troubleshooting section within this website). So if cylinder sensor is replaced does it sound like my Beat will rev again. Thanks Lee.

chs74
15-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi Lee,

for me it sound like the Igniton / cambelt

First i would check the cambelt if every mark is right. Be very sure that the Position of the cambeltweel from the camshaft is right. My one was rotated around a tooth.
Then i would check if i installed the Distributor right. The point marking on the gear wheel must with the lines marking on the distributor aligning befor the distributor is inserted. Sometimes you must pull and inserted the distributor several times to get a feeling for it and be safe you´ve done it right.
Here is the side for more informations about ignition timing:
http://www.honda-beat.co.uk/page1.html
al tast you have to reset the ecu. disconnect the Battery about 10 seconds the the check light is off.

I hope this help. May be steve_M have more informations for you.

Greetings from germany
Christian

LEE.W.
16-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Thankyou Christian for the advice,
I will do all the checks youve mentioned including a thorough service before replacing the cylinder sensor and hopefully my Beat will rev with ease again.I will leave another post in 1 1/2 weeks time of the outcome.
Thanks Lee.

STEVE BARNES
24-09-2005, 12:16 PM
HI LEE
Steve Barnes new member here,I have the same fault. If you fully retard the ign timing on my car the light goes out,suggesting that somehow the distributor may have jumped a tooth but I find that unlikely,I have a sensor for fitting but dont want to drop the engine if it is not 100% certain the sensor is at fault, I will change it when I do the cam belt.
Can the sensor be accurately tested with the car running?
Cheers STEVE

Paul w
25-09-2005, 08:48 PM
It often happens when replacing the dizzy that it moves back a tooth due to the nature of the worm drive on it.

You have to ofset it a bit to allow for it to rotate during insertion.

Maybe you dizzy has been swapped at some point and not done properly.

PW

Midship
25-09-2005, 09:08 PM
If it turns out to be broken, I think i have a used one smewhere, drop me a PM :bounce:

LEE.W.
30-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi to all the beat owners who replied,
Just got back from a much needed holiday and am spending tommorow(sat 1st) on sorting 5000rpm+ problem+a service. Thanks again for all the advice and spares offers.I will keep this thead going and keep you informed of the outcome.LEE.W.

P.S. Started up beat this morning (Fri 30th) and check light stayed off whilst driving for a few minutes then came back on again. Hmmmmmm?

LEE.W.
03-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi, update on why my beat wont rev.
continued on the discussion forum.