PDA

View Full Version : Help

LozzaBeat
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Can anyone throw some light on what the problem might be or offer a solution?:

Every so often the engine seems to hold back/hesitate - if you ease off the accelorator, you can normally drive through the problem.

Otherwise, the car performs well - for info, I have had the plugs, distributor cap and rotor changed plus having the oil and air filters replaced.

Laura x

Paul w
08-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Does your engine check light come on during starting? if not, it may have been removed/blown and be hiding an ecu problem.

The common fault with blown capacitors is this hesitancy, particually when accelerating from low revs...

Hope its not.....

PW

Adam
08-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Have you checked the air filter?

LozzaBeat
08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
As far as I know, when the car went to the garage to get the things I mentioned above sorted out, the ECU was checked and reset - it used to be on almost continuously before the visit to the garage but it has not come on since I got it back...

Confused...lol

JGGIB
08-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Perhaps they took the bulb out :rolleyes:

LozzaBeat
08-09-2005, 11:56 PM
lol....do you think they got annoyed coz it wouldnt go out ;) I know I was tempted!

Adam
09-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by LozzaBeat
As far as I know, when the car went to the garage to get the things I mentioned above sorted out, the ECU was checked and reset - it used to be on almost continuously before the visit to the garage but it has not come on since I got it back...

Confused...lol

Well I've seen a beat a while back that was serviced regularly, and it turned out that nothing was done for years. It still had the original jap parts.

Which meant that they charged for it but didn't do anything, ever.

At least just check if the filter is new!

LozzaBeat
09-09-2005, 01:06 PM
The filter is new - I did that bit myself. and the garage I take it to is the garage my dad works at so I can trust that the right things are being done :p

Adam
10-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Ok then, how about timing. Usually you get an engine code poppin up thou.

tinytim
10-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Sticky injectors? It may be worth putting some injector cleaner through the system and if that doesn't cure it perhaps switching the ECU with a known good one.

LozzaBeat
10-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Ok then, how about timing. Usually you get an engine code poppin up thou.

Timing was sorted at the garage too :confused: aswell as the mixture...

Will look into the injectors issue....

Steve_M
11-09-2005, 12:32 PM
It does sound like damaged ECU capacitors, I expect its running slightly rich, I had a spare ecu which was like that.