PDA

View Full Version : New beat owner, looking for some beats and pieces!

hondaboy
07-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi All
I have just bought a 93 beat, it’s in fairly good condition but the poor thing has been sitting outside under covers for the last 4. I have a few questions, any answers or suggestions would be great :). Where can I get some more of the "beat" stickers from, mine are almost gone. The other thing missing from the body is two (one from each end) of those black plastic inserts are missing. The engine hasn’t been run for 4 years and won't start, also what things should I check or replace before I start using it everyday. Also my speakers don’t seem to work, does anyone know if there are any aftermarket speakers that will fit in the dash pods, last question when I plugged the battery in, the gauge lights fuse blew, I found that the heater / aircon box (which was un-plugged when I bought it) needed to be unplugged again (I plugged it in when I was trying to shut up the alarm.) For the gauges fuse NOT to blow, is this a common problem. Any help would be great. Sorry for the long first post. Cheers Matthew.

Adam
08-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I Where can I get some more of the "beat" stickers from, mine are almost gone.

Here is a thread abou that: http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457&highlight=stickers

The other thing missing from the body is two (one from each end) of those black plastic inserts are missing.

The ones in the back bumper?

The engine hasn’t been run for 4 years and won't start, also what things should I check or replace before I start using it everyday.

Well do you know was the car broken, otherwise why was the car not driven? I would check what condition the distributor is in first.

Also get a timing belt changed. Maybe an oil, filter and spark plug change be nice too.

Also my speakers don’t seem to work

Well you can take the door panel off and take the speaker out to see if its actually broken or is it an issue with the radio. Are none of the speakers working?

last question when I plugged the battery in, the gauge lights fuse blew, I found that the heater / aircon box (which was un-plugged when I bought it) needed to be unplugged again (I plugged it in when I was trying to shut up the alarm.) For the gauges fuse NOT to blow, is this a common problem.

Most of the wires are under the steering wheel or in the near vesinity. What I would do is dissconnect everything that looks after market. Things that people added over the years and reconnect them in the original way. This means alarm out but only ehre its cut into the original loom. Then plug the battery and see.