PDA

View Full Version : cost of service.

peter picard
02-09-2005, 11:25 PM
hi all just like to know how much is it to have a beat serviced.should a main dealer do it or can any garage have a go?also does anyone use msn messenger here?

Wh1teLeopard
03-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Honda did a gold service on my beat for £160. But there were 3 options, basic was about £80, silver was about £120 and gold was like I said £160. But I had no service history with my beat so thought it was probably worth the extra £££.

I would say take it to a Honda dealer, they'll do a better job. But the one in Cannock where I took mine cross threaded a spark plug into the head :rolleyes: So i guess you run the risk where ever you take it. I chose to take it to the dealer though because they could at least ask someone somewhere if they got stuck. It is one of their cars afterall.

peter picard
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teLeopard
Honda did a gold service on my beat for £160. But there were 3 options, basic was about £80, silver was about £120 and gold was like I said £160. But I had no service history with my beat so thought it was probably worth the extra £££.

I would say take it to a Honda dealer, they'll do a better job. But the one in Cannock where I took mine cross threaded a spark plug into the head :rolleyes: So i guess you run the risk where ever you take it. I chose to take it to the dealer though because they could at least ask someone somewhere if they got stuck. It is one of their cars afterall.
hi just need to ask every time i come on here it says wrong password entered is there a reason for this or am i doing something wrong it seems it happens everytime i try to make a new thread or reply.also does anyone use msn here as i dont have yahoo.

Paul w
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Can't see any problems peter,

try logging out of this site (click on forum logo top left, then log out at bottom of page)

Clear your cookies in Tools - Internet options - clear cookies

close your browser and then log back in...

Let me know if it helps!

PW

peter picard
03-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Paul w
Can't see any problems peter,

try logging out of this site (click on forum logo top left, then log out at bottom of page)

Clear your cookies in Tools - Internet options - clear cookies

close your browser and then log back in...

Let me know if it helps!

PW
thanx mate seems to have sorted it.cool its great forum u got here but im new to these forum things and comps r just not my thing lol.thanx again peter.

Blobrick
04-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if the "Gold" service includes a new cam belt?

Blobrick
and the Belper Beat

Wh1teLeopard
05-09-2005, 03:13 PM
No it didn't include the cam belt. I can go find the list of everything they said they did.... including removing the road wheels to inspect the brakes... and putting the road wheels back (always helps)...

It cost me a further £200 to have the cam belt fitted. I can't remember how much the belt cost me, I bought it from a member on here.

Blobrick
05-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi There many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I may well be following you down the same road, see "smoking Exhaust" as my little Beat is sick, after being caught smoking, and at 13 an all!!!

I am trying to locate a Cam beat and valve seals just for staters, and as for the interior, well lets just say thats next years project

Cheers
Blobrick
and the sick
Belper Beat